• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should I pick History Extension? (1 Viewer)

Should I choose History Extension?

• Total voters

ronny thamer

HSC
Hi, I am a Year 11 student currently doing modern history and i am indecisive as to pick up History Extension in Year 12. For some context, i absolutely love history and everything to do with history (including the philosophy) and this passion makes me wanna pick up History Extension. From previous students that have done the subject, they have said it is really content heavy on the perspective of various issues and you need a complex analytical mind to consider these perspectives and adapt them creatively in you’re writing. The reason i am so indecisive is because I am semi-confident in interpreting the meaning of certain things and especially when writing them down and trying to think of ideas i hit a roadblock/don’t know where to start. Some pros of history extension is the teacher is soo good and he will make it very fun and interesting. I heard the major work isn’t worth it for 1 unit of work as i do extension 1 maths and will take lots of time. Also, can i drop it whenever i like if i decide to do it?

If you have any comments, feel free to reply :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You seem to be passionate about history. Essentially, if your performance in the Modern History year 11 course was favourable, and given that you enjoyed this subject so far, you appear to have a good basis for taking History Extension in year 12. At the same time, you should consider your other subjects and whether it would be possible to accommodate the additional workload from History Extension while not affecting your performance in your other subjects, i.e. whether you can still perform well in your other subjects if you take History Extension. Even if you decide to drop History Extension, your performance in your other subjects must not be affected because you will be keeping most (if not all) of your other subjects. If a negative impact on your performance is likely, you should reconsider taking History Extension. However, if you decide to take this subject, you must ensure that you address any areas of uncertainty. The History Extension teacher seems promising and you should therefore make sure to seek their support when needed.

Regarding your other question, the answer is yes. You can drop History Extension (or another subject) at any point in year 12 as long as you still have enough units after you drop the subject.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)