Should i read the bible? (1 Viewer)

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
say that name 3 times in front of a mirror and he will appear and kill you :(

rific

HSC
lol, what a fascinating thread/responses.

I've read bits of the Bible and the Koran along the way, well, more the former than the latter, but they do have some intriguing stories/writing. If you get the chance to look at how the Bible was compiled, it also makes for some interesting readings of the good book. Some of the 'action scenes' can get pretty interesting too, some of the deaths along the way are pretty, I shouldn't say humorous, so let's say imaginative.

Abbeygale

HSC
Eventually? Yes. During your HSC year? No.
An important and influential book. I think it's important to be at least slightly familiar with the religious texts of the major religions. However, while being the most influential book in the world, it's also quite possibly the longest (and scariest) book in the world.

lalaurenisme

HSC
I read the Children's Illustrated Bible when I was about eight. The emerging atheist (I was raised a Catholic) in me just thought "okay, some of these stories are pretty cool" and that's the full extent of it.

Jaydels

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
have tried to read it...i made it a goal to finish it from cover to cover but gave up somewhere aroung page 10
i tried doing that when i was about 8....i dont think id even read a whole page before putting it down, vowing never to open it again

persephone

HSC
forget that it's a religious text and it is actually quite interesting

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I think i've touched a bible once. Don't think i opened it up though.

HSC
ron weasley looks kinda ' wild prince harry-esqe' in that picture--

will succomb to the dark forces this year just like annakin skywalker? :chainsaw:

persephone

HSC
it's the hair, and he could possibly go evil. you know the whole jealous best friend thing. "you always get everything harry...damn you."

Jenny852

HSC
something_funny said:
convince me of the wonders of this text!

yes u should..~ haha~ but don't read da hard versions..for me..i read the "precious moments" bible~ it's got pictures and stuff lol~ i know itz sorta lame..but its easier to understand and u really get sthg out of it at the end of da day when u think abt it....

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The Gospels are written quite cleverly though, and it has historical/social value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)