Should I switch from PDHPE to Physics? (1 Viewer)

genodeg

HSC
N/A
I'm currently taking:

• Business
    Economics
    Ext1 Maths
    Advaned Mathematics
    Ext 1 English
    Advanced English
    PDHPE
I sorta feel uncomfortable taking PDHPE in addition to Business as they're two poor scaling subjects, I know scaling isn't as important as something I can do well at blah blah, however, I don't find myself enjoying PDHPE as much as I expected to, and in tenth grade, I enjoyed physics and managed to score relatively well in it ( I think i received a 90 in the semester of which we did physics

any feedback would be much appreciated.

PS. As we are currently going into tests in the coming weeks, I feel as if it would be better to postpone the switch until after the tests, so I'll have a quiet area to spend my spare time catching up on the semester one syllabus rather than studying for all of my subjects

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
In senior years you should choose subjects you enjoy and are good at. I'd say you should switch from PDHPE to Physics as you're not enjoying PDHPE - hense not as motivated to do well. If you believe you will benefit more from taking physics, go for it! However, there is a huge jump in difficulty from year 10 to year 11 science, but your marks sound great.

Good luck! :)

I97

HSC
Are you sure you can switch? It's almost half way through the course.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you think you would enjoy it much more, and will perform better I would move.
Also this is prelim you only need to know certain parts of the syllabus for HSC.

Good luck

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if you can pick up or drop any more subjects since its half way through the year...

Axio

=o
HSC
Not sure if you can pick up or drop any more subjects since its half way through the year...
This ^.

But if you can I'd say give it a go. You don't seem to be enjoying PDHPE and Physics is a great subject. I disliked Physics all the way up until Yr10 when all of a sudden I started to enjoy it and this year it's great.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to pick up Physics, it will be extremely challenging because you have to demonstrate competency in all the physics that you have missed out on so far, I strongly recommend you to ask your teacher for advice. Best wishes for your senior studies:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)