Should I try to make friends in uni? (1 Viewer)

ManDarren

HSC
dont bother going to uni. might as well fly to other planets now. we are just too inferior human beings. you are just one of those mighty things we call "alien"

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
During high school I mostly kept to myself because everyone around me were idiots. :read: Intellectually I was their superior in every way. Hence, I felt no need to interact with them. However, recently I have been feeling very lonely as I have not left my house since the HSC. Should I try to make more friends in uni or focus on my studies?
Really?

You're not going to get anywhere in life with that sort of attitude.

Find a balance - have friends, even if that means having a small group and keep up your good work ethic.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
During high school I mostly kept to myself because everyone around me were idiots. :read: Intellectually I was their superior in every way. Hence, I felt no need to interact with them. However, recently I have been feeling very lonely as I have not left my house since the HSC. Should I try to make more friends in uni or focus on my studies?
You should make friends , because in life... You don't need to know all the answers and collaborate with others to get it...

Just cause you think you are "smart", it doesn't mean you know everything mate

I would make friends well ... Because you need social skills in the real world and not just intelligence

If you know the answer and can't communicate communicate it properly, what's the point ?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Don't make friends cos you know you're the best and don't need no one

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Also @op

How do you know if people are intellectual if you don't talk to them ...?

caufields

HSC
I don't know if this thread was a joke or not but here's something you should know OP. You are NOT intellectually superior - not with that attitude. Only very foolish people believe themselves to know everything and be above others. People who are actually smart realise that everyone around them has the potential to teach them something.

mirachael

HSC
No, don't make friends IN uni. Make friends on the bus or train to or from uni but under no circumstance should you try and befriend anyone who you first meet on university property.

integral95

HSC
No, don't make friends IN uni. Make friends on the bus or train to or from uni but under no circumstance should you try and befriend anyone who you first meet on university property.
Lol I make friends with people I meet in my lectures or tute, since I always see them at least once a week in those situations.

Whereas in buses/trains it's always unfamiliar people even in the latter stage of the semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)