Should I worry (1 Viewer)

ag6858

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, I'm actually fairly good at maths, a bit above average, and I'm doing general next year. Here's my problem. I've got an exam tomorrow and I've really slacked off all year in maths, done about half of the coursework and now I've got not idea to do with half the exam. Should I stay up all night and study or do 2 hours of cramming and wing it?

MiseryParade

HSC
Do a couple of past papers to determine what topics you're having difficulty with, then stay up long enough to cover it. Get some sleep, and wake up early tomorrow morning to do another past paper or cover more topics.

(year 10 doesn't count at all, don't sweat it)

Amstudy

HSC
^That. Keep in mind you're able to think more clearly and therefore work better when it's morning.

Definitely don't pull an all nighter, it makes your brain do weird stuff.

ag6858

HSC
Uni Grad
Doing some general revision at the moment and I've got no clue with the gradient and y intercepts.
Anyone know how to do this for 4x+3y-9=0, much appreciated

Amstudy

HSC
gradient intercept form: y=mx+b (where 'b' is your y-int).
Just rearrange your equation. Or, you could find y values by making x=0.

Last edited:

Frostbitten

HSC
If I had my time again I wouldn't do anything for year 10 but just have fun. School only starts to mean something in year 11 and even then none of your marks count it is just the content you need to remember. But if I were you I would cram a bit (don't go crazy and pull an all nighter) and remember that year 10 doesn't count for anything, not even the content is that important you will go over everything in year 11 and 12.

funstudy

HSC
Don't stay up all night- advice for yr11 and yr12 as well= no benefits because even if you feel fine it catches up with you if you do it consistently. it makes your brain go numb ahah SO just do your best

ag6858

HSC
Uni Grad
Just winged it in the end, didn't do as badly as I feared, probably around the 50-60% mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)