Should polygamous marriages be legal? (1 Viewer)

Should polygamous marriages be legal??

• YES.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
but that would make you a slut?

Seriously though i dont know why op focussed on men so much. You're right, if men could be allowed to have multiple wives, shouldnt the wives be allowed to have multiple husbands.

This set up would create an unimaginable amount of interwined marriages and relationships
(Lol why did your other account get banned?)

Wouldn't make us a slut. What about all the Islamic men with 100 wives? Isn't he a male slut then?

undalay

HSC
You're kidding right?

Marriage= Married
De Facto= partners, living together for over 5 years, un-married but together.
I know what the difference of the words mean.
I meant what is the difference in regards to rights.
Why even bother getting married? (save tradition, etc ,etc )

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
They're changing the law somehow so that in court, de facto partners are treated the same as married couples.

Basically yeah, the only difference is that little piece of paper which both husband and wife sign to signify their love and devotion

Marriage is a social, spiritual, and/or legal union of individuals. This union may also be called matrimony, while the ceremony that marks its beginning is usually called a wedding and the married status created is sometimes called wedlock.
Marriage is an institution in which interpersonal relationships (usually intimate and sexual) are acknowledged by the state, by religious authority, or by both. It is often viewed as a contract. Civil marriage is the legal concept of marriage as a governmental institution, in accordance with marriage laws of the jurisdiction. If recognized by the state, by the religion(s) to which the parties belong or by society in general, the act of marriage changes the personal and social status of the individuals who enter into it.

- Wikipedia

What is a de facto relationship?

A de facto relationship is defined in Section 4AA of the Family Law Act 1975. The law requires that you and your former partner, who may be of the same or opposite sex, had a relationship as a couple living together on a genuine domestic basis. However, your relationship is not a de facto relationship if you were legally married to one another or if you are related by family.

-Family Law Courts

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
(Lol why did your other account get banned?)

Wouldn't make us a slut. What about all the Islamic men with 100 wives? Isn't he a male slut then?
spent most of yesterday trolling and being racist and ignorant to the extreme lol, i deserved it so so much that time. for once i deserved it. nah i usually do actually. i blame boredom.

i wasnt serious about the slut thing
but in all serious it would make you a slut but if a muslim man has 100 wives he is a champion or someshit

/trolling

Islam is inherantly sexist etc of course women arent going to be afforded sexual equality like that.

But if polygamy was legal in Australia (or any other normal secular country) i cant see why women wouldnt have the same rights in regards to multiple partners?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
What about all the Islamic men with 100 wives? Isn't he a male slut then?
He'd be doing his religious duty. The Q'uran states that Islamic men must take many wives so they can infiltrate Australia and create a new state governed by Shariah law.

v26

HSC
it will never work in a western society anyway

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
He'd be doing his religious duty. The Q'uran states that Islamic men must take many wives so they can infiltrate Australia and create a new state governed by Shariah law.
:haha: lol

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
because that is the way God intended it.
I don't have God in my life. So why should I follow your rules? Why do you insist upon my restraining my freedom to consensually copulate with whomsoever I desire? Because your God says you can't?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I'll agree to this polygamous relationships if I can be one of your wives.

(ps. I have your magazines from work)
k.
You can be Laundry Wife. I shall dub thee Elle.
Now I need Kitchen Wife, Bedroom Wife, Garden Wife, Bathroom Wife and Miscellaneous Wife.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
k.
You can be Laundry Wife. I shall dub thee Elle.
Now I need Kitchen Wife, Bedroom Wife, Garden Wife, Bathroom Wife and Miscellaneous Wife.
Why aren't I the bedroom wife? :mad1: hahaha

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
I don't have God in my life. So why should I follow your rules? Why do you insist upon my restraining my freedom to consensually copulate with whomsoever I desire? Because your God says you can't?
hmm, consenual copulative freedom vs. free public holidays

:santa:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
hmm, consenual copulative freedom vs. free public holidays

:santa:
Why not both?!
I hereby demand a public holiday devoted to sexual excess and drunken orgasmic revelry!

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Bedroom Wife only makes the beds.
If I want sex I'll go to a hooker. They're much more fun.
Oh ok. So I'm not even getting any secks? :haha:
Where do you want your magazines? Tucked in neatly with your freshly cleaned jeans?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Oh ok. So I'm not even getting any secks? :haha:
Where do you want your magazines? Tucked in neatly with your freshly cleaned jeans?
I would suggest that you read them out to me, but wives should be neither seen nor heard. Neatly arranged and waiting or me with a coffee (two teaspoons coffee, 1.5 sugar, 1cm milk on top) and a glass of orange juice each morning will do fine, thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)