Should teachers be allowed to administer corporal punishment? (1 Viewer)

yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • Only in special circumstances

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Teachers should be given training in corporal punishment to ensure they don't go too far.

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters
HSC
yeah but they are not punished and if they are punished it is suspension, that is hardly a punishment

HSC
Proverbs 23:13-14 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

13Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

14Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
They're not just teachers - they're the state. In this country, when you fuck up we either shoot you dead or put you in prison until you are broken. The gravity of the teacher's task cannot be overstated. They are to enforce a social conformity, break the wild horses, using the whole arsenal of carrots and sticks. You are not begged to be a good and productive citizen, you are forced. Teaching styles should reflect. Today's disney dads and material mums are shit.

studentcheese

HSC
No. Teachers should not be allowed to administer corporal punishment. It scares other students in the class and does permanent damage to the child's self esteem.

There are some kids who are gifted but very cheeky/naughty.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
I am a student and hope to become a teacher one day, therefore teachers should not implement corporal punishment, as it is neither their right nor should it become a right. Nevertheless, of course teachers will punish students but with traditional methods (i.e. detentions, lines etc) and radical discipline should be confined within the home. I know students behaviour, as time passes, is degrading but still teachers have no right to administer such actions; don't teach, fine, but corporal punishment; no way in hell or high heaven!

HSC
it should just be that your punishment is whatever you did. you hit someone, they get to hit you back. you rape someone, they get to rape you back, etc

crestor

HSC
studentcheese said:
It scares other students in the class and does permanent damage to the child's self esteem.

There are some kids who are gifted but very cheeky/naughty.
Basis?

And so then what do we do with these naughty kids? Just let them be naughty/cheeky?

It should not be up to teachers to have to do it as the parents should be allowed to and should in fact do it, unless they have a better method which is unknown to me. When I was young I would get the wooden spoon and fuck it hurt, it stopped me from doing whatever I was doing and I quickly learnt some respect.

However because kids are not being brought up with some respect for those in authority by their parents I think it should be the teachers responsibility and if that means corporal punishment then so be it,.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
havent read other posts so sorry if repeating. it depends alot on how old these kids are: preschool u could understand but once you're beyond kindi or year 1 then thats no good.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
yes. mebbe tasers aren't a bad idea. I saw some pretty douchebagey people in high school.

HSC
no way!
there's a reason it was outlawed... it's so 20th century

if the child's bad kick him out of the class... no need to physically hurt them.. that's cruel and a violation of CROC

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Teachers, in most cases, are people who never grew up enough to leave school.

Should they be allowed to enforce physical punishment?

Over my dead body.

HSC
No. I personally think it's too late to even consider bringing this back in as a punishment.
Society has changed too much.

crestor

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
if the child's bad kick him out of the class... no need to physically hurt them.. that's cruel and a violation of CROC
I remember kids in primary being bad just so they did get kicked out of class so if anything in my experience that has the adverse effect, this also happened in high school, kids who hated that class, namely english, would do something bad to get sent out

zimmerman8k said:
Its actually a weak deterrent. Unless you are seriously hurting kids, most will be able to deal with a few seconds of pain (e.g. a caining) and then continue to behave badly anyway.
When i used to get hit as a young lad it wasnt a weak deterrent, I learnt pretty quickly to do the right thing even though the pain was only for a minute or so it hurt alot for that time.

As said before, it should be the parents responsibility to bring up their kids right however I do not feel this is being done so then it must be up to the teachers and if corpral punishment is the way then sucked in kids, just dont be bad and your set haha

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Youre all fuck-ing pussies.
Students should be quaking in their boots when Sir walks in. As it stands, he commands no respect, he is constantly challenged - a resigned, defeated, impotent man driven to postmodernism-marxism to justify his gutlessness, as well as the bottle.
Life is tough, there is pain, and suffering, sometimes this is arbitrary and excessive. We are not preparing our children for this. Cbildren must be trained in how to manage fear and hatred, through beatings that cut to the core of them - a real threat that the child can instantly grasp. They must use this humiliation and vulnerability to harden and insure themselves against the bitterness of life.
Otherwise all is lost

nataliaa.cc

HSC
Special occasions, after use of a disciplinary system of warnings.

I have seen some really bastard children who deserve a good kick up the pants from Mum/Dad and anyone else who is an authorative figure (including myself when younger). When I decided it was good to be a feral child and skip school and smoke, a few slaps and I decided that perhaps it wasn't such a grand idea after all.

Look at the current system that is in place. Teachers are allowed to yell (which disrupts other children) and they are allowed to send children out of class (which is more like a reward to the majority of kids who misbehave). Teachers may also report children and they will be punished by the welfare system of the school (oh, absolutely scary). If it gets too bad they can be suspended, which is more like a holiday for the majority than anything else and in the public system they can't really be expelled.

Also on the special occasions front, I've seen teachers hit by students and not be allowed to defend themselves and in my area a teacher got fired/sued because a student was giving him shit about the fact his wife had a miscarriage and he the student punched in the face. That's not the only thing I would've done, had I had been in that situation. Obviously teachers shouldn't be allowed to get into "punch ups" with students, but they should be able to protect and show students some respect.

walkahz

HSC
Bring back the cane. Nothing like some good old corporal punishment.
If you get hurt doing somthing especially when you are little you think to yourself "fuck, that hurt, i aint dooin that again."
whereas if you get yelled at you think "well if thats all that happens i can do that again."
I know i was smacked as a child and if i was real bad i got the wooden spoon (fuck that hurt) does it mean i am afraid of my parents or the wooden spoon, No, but do i respect them (my parents no the wooden spoon).
The same goes for school. Some kids will only learn through pain. The problem with the youth of today (fuck im sounding old now) is a total lack of respect.

HSC
Are you cunts fucking insane? A caning is not something that hurts for like 3 seconds and then it's like 'loal that was nothing'. A caning fucking *Hurts like a MOTHERFUCKER*.

It's several beatings from a limber piece of bamboo, seconds after each other.

It doesn't work as a deterrent for those who are actually seriously bored.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Even if it doesnt work as a deterrent, and for me it certainly did, it's an important tool emphasising the teacher's ability to weild unquestionable authority in the classroom. More fire and brimstone, less turn the other cheek imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)