Should the Board of studies abolish the School certificate test? (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
And if so should the school certificate just solely youre class marks,such as the grade you get?.Or just screw the whole thing.

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought they were and 2011 was gunna be last year or something, just from teachers talkin nothing confimed. I reckon they should cos no one cares, but I spose also it's good for preparation under test circumstances. Overall can't really say it's worth keeping, it's just a skills test nothing like HSC.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Perhaps but it must be 4-5 years down the track. Class of 2011 (us) have got disadvantaged FAR too often.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Certainly not. It may not be of use to those continuing with year 11 and 12, but for those dropping out at the end of year 10 it is vital for a future career.

HSC
Uni Grad
Well sooner or later it won't be because most jobs would require you to be in TAFE, had working experience or even yr 12 or something higher...

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
It's not happening.
Trust the words of my english tutor.. shes been in the system since 1970s or 1990s (i forgot)
and she told me, every year she's worked as a teacher they've been talking about scrapping the school certificate.
She's also an HSC marker and i think SC marker

cjlane

HSC
I understand the arguments saying that people dropping out of year 10 will need it.

But

It still has little value to those that drop out. I mean, if you're leaving school you obviously weren't destined to become a scientist so what you get in your science SC isn't really relevant.

And

The legal age to leave school is being changed to 17. This means that vast majority of people will be in year 11 (year 12 for me) when they hit 17. After that long, you may aswell just spend another year in school.

So yes, I do think that this test should be abolished and that our final year marks should be based off what they've been based off since year 7.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
never met someone bitter over something so easy rofl

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
I understand the arguments saying that people dropping out of year 10 will need it.

But

It still has little value to those that drop out. I mean, if you're leaving school you obviously weren't destined to become a scientist so what you get in your science SC isn't really relevant.

And

The legal age to leave school is being changed to 17. This means that vast majority of people will be in year 11 (year 12 for me) when they hit 17. After that long, you may aswell just spend another year in school.

So yes, I do think that this test should be abolished and that our final year marks should be based off what they've been based off since year 7.

This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)