Should virginity be regarded as a virtue in modern society? (1 Viewer)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE*: Are you afraid you'll get bored of each other? If not then what do you have to contend with but time? The more you experience of each others love, the more new things you can begin to experience, if you take your time, then maybe you'll miss out on the things at the other end of the timeline? Personally I think you're missing out, I mean... as special as our younger years were, would you really want to still be back learning the alphabet instead of reading great works?

But do whatever works for u :)

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Well, to be honest, while I respect it I don't really understand it. You've been together for two years without even kissing? Where is the passion?

And you've got it wrong. It's not "giving yourself to him". It's sharing yourself with him, as he does the same.
There is plenty of passion Kwayera:) But we keep our boundaries - self control. Its ood to know he has it , that he isnt going to succumb to that when we are married and he is propositioned by someone when im not there.
We will share ourselves like that when we have committed to marriage:)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
K great. Couldn't it be all of those things even if you have had sex before?

Plus the added bonus of extra experience and getting to enjoy sex for all those years while your were waiting to be married.
No i dont think it would be anywhere near as good....my opinion.
I dont want experience with anyone else , that is the point. All those years? im not sorry for 'missing out" for all those years, They have been wonderful! My life just keeps getting better & better=)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Kwayera said:
Well, to be honest, while I respect it I don't really understand it. You've been together for two years without even kissing? Where is the passion?

And you've got it wrong. It's not "giving yourself to him". It's sharing yourself with him, as he does the same.
As long as we live in a patriarchal society, no contact between members of the opposite sex is possible without implying male dominance :D

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Who says we're living in a patriarchial society? :p

And *TRUE* - don't you trust your boyfriend?

HSC
*TRUE* said:
We are very affectionate!
Kissing is just something special to me personally.
We are great friends but very attracted to one another too.
We ARE in a relationship, very very very much so. very close.
it has been progressive:) And i hope it keeps on progressing!!!
oh ok.
i dont know
i just cant imagine a relationship without those moments...
i spose its different for each of us, but i live for the snapshots. a kiss at sunrise in soft rain. looking at the stars on a beach and getting soaked by a wave coming in further than the others. that sort of thing.

you seem to want to control where those snapshots lie, have it all planned and perfect. which is fine, i just enjoy unpredictablity and spontanaeity.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
*TRUE*: Are you afraid you'll get bored of each other? If not then what do you have to contend with but time? The more you experience of each others love, the more new things you can begin to experience, if you take your time, then maybe you'll miss out on the things at the other end of the timeline? Personally I think you're missing out, I mean... as special as our younger years were, would you really want to still be back learning the alphabet instead of reading great works?

But do whatever works for u :)
:)
Im not afraid of getting bored. There is so much to him. I learn more every day i think:)
I dont think ove missed a thing. A timeline is a good picture. All will come in time!And it has,
When i was young i used to wonder if anyone would ever love me , or want me. I just trusted and waited and my friend came and found me!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Kwayera said:
Men still earn more than women on average, have more seats in parliament, are CEOS of all the biggest corporations...

Don't kid yourself sister, the glass ceiling is well intact :(

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Men still earn more than women on average, have more seats in parliament, are CEOS of all the biggest corporations...

Don't kid yourself sister, the glass ceiling is well intact :(
That's a generational thing. Once our generation starts to be come CEOs, it won't be the case. I still don't think it's a patriarchal society.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:

And *TRUE* - don't you trust your boyfriend?
yes i absolutely do trust him! but u dont trust someone cause they say , TRUST ME!
u trust someone because u can see in their life that they ar characterised by integrity

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
:)
Im not afraid of getting bored. There is so much to him. I learn more every day i think:)
I dont think ove missed a thing. A timeline is a good picture. All will come in time!And it has,
When i was young i used to wonder if anyone would ever love me , or want me. I just trusted and waited and my friend came and found me!
Ok.. if you're not afraid of getting bored, why not just go out and experience it all now? I mean even once you've experienced those things there'll always be so much more right? Seems to me if you're not afraid of getting bored you'd just be fucking like rabbits and trying absolutely everything under the sun cause there'll always be something around the corner, if you spend all your time experiencing the earlier aspects of your endlessly exciting relationship surely you're taking time away from the future possibilities...

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
scaredytiger said:
oh ok.
i dont know
i just cant imagine a relationship without those moments...
i spose its different for each of us, but i live for the snapshots. a kiss at sunrise in soft rain. looking at the stars on a beach and getting soaked by a wave coming in further than the others. that sort of thing.

you seem to want to control where those snapshots lie, have it all planned and perfect. which is fine, i just enjoy unpredictablity and spontanaeity.
there will be room for absolute spontainiety in marriage.and plenty of spontaineity that doesnt involve sex before=)

HSC
*TRUE* said:
yes i absolutely do trust him! but u dont trust someone cause they say , TRUST ME!
u trust someone because u can see in their life that they ar characterised by integrity
then do you need a piece of paper to authenticate it? or is it personal choice?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
He hasn't passed that test yet? Wow, you're demanding aren't you!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*TRUE* said:
But you also said "There is plenty of passion Kwayera But we keep our boundaries - self control. Its ood to know he has it , that he isnt going to succumb to that when we are married and he is propositioned by someone when im not there."

Sounds like you don't trust him at all. Is that it?

You're afraid to "give yourself to him" in case he throws it back in your face later?

guruj790

HSC
*TRUE* said:
Thanks!:)
No one ever says that. Its always , "you idiot"
you idiot. have you thought about how he feels?
one word: selfish. seriously. not all guys want to just get in bed and fuck, maybe you should at least do him the privelege of a kiss. btw, he's boning somebody behind your back, i'd bet my arm on it.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Kwayera said:
That's a generational thing. Once our generation starts to be come CEOs, it won't be the case. I still don't think it's a patriarchal society.
Our generation are too busy partying and doing that new 'ice' drug to run companies. Plus they don't have the work ethic to do it. Once the older, wiser, more conservative, harder working, sensible generations who actually have rules and order and values and morals in their lives retire, the world will be in chaos. There'll be cars burning in every streets and "Cory"s holding parties in every house.

Also, the most oppressive thing the patriarchy did was convince womyn it doesn't exist.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Ok.. if you're not afraid of getting bored, why not just go out and experience it all now? I mean even once you've experienced those things there'll always be so much more right? Seems to me if you're not afraid of getting bored you'd just be fucking like rabbits and trying absolutely everything under the sun cause there'll always be something around the corner, if you spend all your time experiencing the earlier aspects of your endlessly exciting relationship surely you're taking time away from the future possibilities...
No. This time is important.
Soon we will marry...but this time is important. Its just what we have chosen to do - why are u in such a rush?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
guruj790 said:
you idiot. have you thought about how he feels?
one word: selfish. seriously. not all guys want to just get in bed and fuck, maybe you should at least do him the privelege of a kiss. btw, he's boning somebody behind your back, i'd bet my arm on it.
he has the same values as me and brought up the boundaries thing first. Reading the way some men here are is showing me what an awesome guy i have :)
Im the luckiest girl in the whole world:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)