Should virginity be regarded as a virtue in modern society? (1 Viewer)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
But everyone thinks they are right. We can't all be. I think its healthy to question your own beliefs regularly rather than stamping your feat and insisting "I believe X, Y, Z and I'm not backing down." Most likely you believe X, Y, Z because you're parents, schools and others have drilled X, Y, Z into you from many years since you were a young child.
Have you ever questioned your belief that i am not the " " you think i am?
then everyone should live their life doing what they think is right. (within limits)there is no other way to live.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
I haven't typcast you as anything in particular. Half the time I'm just fucking around.

Everyone should live their life doing what they think is right, only if they have taken the time to seriously evaluate why they believe it is right.

When ignorant people have fervent beliefs which they won't back down from, I think the results are worst than apathy or procrastination.
OK:)
For me , I have evaluated why i think it is right for me to be a virgin until I marry. I have constantly reevaluated it - as i say,im in a relationship and its not exactly easy always...and we are happy - im sure physically it is harder for him than me - its apparent - but he also chose this way of doing things.
im so sleepy im going to bed:)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Everyone should live their life doing what they think is right, only if they have taken the time to seriously evaluate why they believe it is right.

When ignorant people have fervent beliefs which they won't back down from, I think the results are worst than apathy or procrastination.
Agreed =)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Thanks Fernando! :)
wow i so had no idea my choices would offend so many people!
nobody's offended by your views or trying to make you change them (well, I'm not)...I just cringe when I think about what your wedding night/honeymoon is going to be like, is all. Especially if the first time is shit and you think, well, it was our first time...and then the next time is shit, and the next and the next and you start to realise you're married till death to someone who is shithouse in bed and you're never going to have any fun sexually ever. :(

Not that I'm saying that would happen, of course. :D

By the way, I can vaguely understand someone's motivation for not making sexytime outside of marriage for religious reasons...but not even kissing? It might be special to you, for sure, but is a kiss so special that doing it before you get married would be a bad thing? It doesn't have to be a sexually charged kiss, even. You don't even have to open your mouth if you don't want to.

Wait, you do touch each other, right? Like, if you're sitting on a seat together and your thighs touch you don't freak out and tell him to save it for marriage...right?

Sorry. Your restrictions regarding physical intimacy do kind of make me think you have underlying psychological issues there, though :/

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
nobody's offended by your views or trying to make you change them (well, I'm not)...I just cringe when I think about what your wedding night/honeymoon is going to be like, is all. Especially if the first time is shit and you think, well, it was our first time...and then the next time is shit, and the next and the next and you start to realise you're married till death to someone who is shithouse in bed and you're never going to have any fun sexually ever. :(

Not that I'm saying that would happen, of course. :D

By the way, I can vaguely understand someone's motivation for not making sexytime outside of marriage for religious reasons...but not even kissing? It might be special to you, for sure, but is a kiss so special that doing it before you get married would be a bad thing? It doesn't have to be a sexually charged kiss, even. You don't even have to open your mouth if you don't want to.

Wait, you do touch each other, right? Like, if you're sitting on a seat together and your thighs touch you don't freak out and tell him to save it for marriage...right?

Sorry. Your restrictions regarding physical intimacy do kind of make me think you have underlying psychological issues there, though :/
Ooooh.
When i referred to offending others i was meaning someone who used a swearword to describe me - i took it personally at the time but it is all good now:)
I do not think kissing before marriage is wrong - I think i will!
My first kiss is special to me - it has sentimental value attached to it. It also is something regarded as very precious by William - he cant believe i have waited , it means alot to him.
We havent kissed yet , but i honestly cant wait!
I am , funnily enough a very tactile person. Always have been:) Will and I are very affectionate with one another , But i think every couple can choose ow to behave at given times and in certain ways , and we have.
For you to say that you think I have "underlying psychological issues" is a big call for you to make. You have no idea who I really am - and I think it is clear you do not understand my life choices.
To say i have psychological issues because i do not behave as you is, well - wrong.
I was reading the other day how gay people were locked up in insane asylums for their different choices.
You may not comprehend my heart , where i am coming from , but please do not judge me, you have not even met me.
That said , being judged by others as whatever is not going to stop me from doing what I want to do.
:)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I admire *true's fist in the face resistance
Never give in, never never never. /hick/ will fight it in the bedroom and on the beaches and in the air. On the streets and in the cinema, never surrender,
blood.. tears, sweat
And I
/vomit/
not surrender to one precious inch

Aralia

Mieow...
HSC
To Christians, yeah, it's a virtue...still, in their situation it's like "do this or sin".

To Muslims, it's also a must.

To Buddhists, it's going with the flow...as long as it doesn't cause harm. I'd rather take that.

There's nothing wrong in waiting for someone to come along, it just shows respect for you and the other, but please, don't wait too long. He/she might be the love of your life and you prolly won't even end up together. Not giving yourself might be one of the biggest regrets.

I also used to be really hot about roses and candles...a special time etc, but now I'm just like, be natural. Let it flow. I've finally come to terms with it.

So, to me, virginity in a modern society is like anything, anything really. I'd appreciate it if a guy saved himself for me, though.

I really, really resent the media attention on Dean Geyer and that ohmygod goth chick. I mean, she isn't a virgin, but he is. It's so much hype. It's sort of like saying to the world, "hey I have something and you don't, I'm so much better". It doesn't guarantee that you'll be special, there're so many ways to show respect for yourself and others.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Ooooh.
When i referred to offending others i was meaning someone who used a swearword to describe me - i took it personally at the time but it is all good now:)
I do not think kissing before marriage is wrong - I think i will!
My first kiss is special to me - it has sentimental value attached to it. It also is something regarded as very precious by William - he cant believe i have waited , it means alot to him.
We havent kissed yet , but i honestly cant wait!
I am , funnily enough a very tactile person. Always have been:) Will and I are very affectionate with one another , But i think every couple can choose ow to behave at given times and in certain ways , and we have.
For you to say that you think I have "underlying psychological issues" is a big call for you to make. You have no idea who I really am - and I think it is clear you do not understand my life choices.
To say i have psychological issues because i do not behave as you is, well - wrong.
I was reading the other day how gay people were locked up in insane asylums for their different choices.
You may not comprehend my heart , where i am coming from , but please do not judge me, you have not even met me.
That said , being judged by others as whatever is not going to stop me from doing what I want to do.
:)
$10 says you aren't a virgin or married in 5 years.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*true*, I'm not judging you. I'm just trying to understand your reasoning for your beliefs. I don't think they're wrong or anything...I just wonder if there's any reason other than "it's my choice". Like, why did you make that choice, why is it so important to you, etc.

Like I said I'm not judging you but I'm interested to know your reasoning if there is any. Most of the people I've met with similar beliefs can't explain why they have them when asked and that kind of annoys me :eek:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Funny, I'm actually fairly looking forward to kids (before 30, too), but marriage is like an optional component, you know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)