Shoulder I bother studying for my Prelims? (1 Viewer)

Leviathan96

HSC
Shoulder I bother studying for my Prelims?
- Ranks and marks are wiped right after I finish them
- I start Year 12 in a month.

I had my English Adv exam today and feel pretty confident about it despite going in with only quotes and related texts. (Or is that what everyone does?)

Also, how was your English Adv exam structured? I found it strange that my school had no short answer but four extended responses (1 Creative, 3 Analytical). I studied AOS Power (Othello), Representations of Women in poetry, Persuasion and Justice & the Law.

So, if you're one of the studious ones that are studying for your Prelims, what is driving you to do so? Exam practice? Developing study habits? Or maybe you just want to achieve?

Last edited:

gleeek

HSC
Re: Shoulder I brother studying for my Prelims?

Shoulder? I think you should study, for English at least. (jks)

In all seriousness, I understand what you mean but it's not the marks that go into HSC (like you said they get wiped out), it's more so the skills you learn and the study habits you develop. Plus, doing well in your prelims will give you a better statement of mind next term :)

Good luck!

Leviathan96

HSC

Ahahahahahaha shoulder, that's awesome. Freudian slip? Mmm... shoulders.

Thanks for your advice :D

such_such

HSC

Our English Advanced exam was on two days: short answer, essay, creative and then 2 essays for a combined total of 4 hours.

Just revise your weak spots in your subjects, no need to overdo it.

Mdzabakly

HSC

LOL, the only reason im studing for prelim is cuz i wanna get dux, But if that isnt wat i wanted, i wouldnt bother ( except maths since ill see everything in the hsc =-=)

Leviathan96

HSC

What school do you go to? That's insane! Never heard of a 4 hour Prelim exam. Ours was 160 mins + 5 mins reading time.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Yes, use this as your practice run. It is crucial you expose studying mistakes in your yearlies and never do them again in Year 12.

pscecelia

HSC

nah dont study just chillax....

ayeplus_

HSC
The only factor that is motivating me to study for Prelims is to achieve good marks and gain an insight on what subject to drop.
For the advanced paper, the paper composed of 2 essay questions: Othello and Romanticism.

Just study a bit~~ Btw, your rankings are awesome xD
Good luck!

HSC
I'm studying but only started a week ago. I want to learn the routine and what it takes to get those fantastic marks! I would say do it just for the practice and see what you are able to get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)