• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sibling rivalry (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
With sibling rivalry, I also believe that any level of healthy competition is a great way to motivate you.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Fuck yeah i have to beat my sister who got
84 a couple years ago.
So far not really on the right track gosh.
If i do but my folks will love me more hahaha.

HSC08-anag

HSC
my brother got uai of 99, no hope in hell of me getting that. plus i got a twin in my year so the competition is fearce...

hairspray

HSC
I only have one younger brother and in terms of discipline with his school work, i think he'd do better than me in the HSC.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Never had sibling rivalry and never will.

EDIT: I am the oldest. Therefore, I set the standards as mentioned above. However, I don't think the standards I am going to set will be high enough for my two younger brothers. Once I finish my HSC, I will definitely help my brothers overcome or in better word, smash that standards. I always want my brother to do better than what I do if he has got potential to do so and I always believe that he will do that since I am aware of the fact that he is academically better than me.

My brother will definitely smash whatever standards I set and I wish he does it. On the other hand, I will try to set as high standards as possible to make him challenged and make him try even harder than he usually does.

Last edited:

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
i'm hoping to beat my brother's 75. my family expects me to.
but he'd already decided he wasn't going to uni, so it was pretty awesome he pulled that.

me, i have uni pressure!

Muz4PM

HSC
Eldest.
Hope to do better than my sister.
Ego depends on it.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I'm the oldest, have a younger in y6.

Im hoping for 80,not much pressure on me.

Taskan

HSC
i have no hope in hell of beating my brother, he got above 99, my actual aim is about 85, so 14 lower than him, lol. I might beat my sister though, i think she got about mid- 80's. though I agree with Without Wings, its more about getting what i need to do what i need.

michael1990

HSC
I don't think i will beat anyone of my siblings who did their HSC.

IT SUCKS BALLS!

My brothers are all earning above 100G
Besides my twin. (have 4 brothers)
Me=Youngest.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
My sister got 97 for her UAI, and since we have the fierce Asian rivalry thing happening between us, I really want to beat her in the HSC

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Chibios said:
My sister got 97 for her UAI, and since we have the fierce Asian rivalry thing happening between us, I really want to beat her in the HSC
I often wonder if the "fierce Asian rivalry" extend to Filipinos. Hell, the eldest sister got 92.45 and the younger brother got 60 and that goes to show that the parents aren't really strict at all. :eek:

HSC
Without Wings said:
What really mattered to both of us was that we had both received UAIs which allowed us to gain entrance into our desired university courses.
I'm really trying to look at everything this way. I'm the oldest, with a brother in year 8 and a sister in year 2, so not much by the way of 'valid' competition.

But when the course I want went from 66 in 2007, to 85 in 2008, I got a bit concerned. Hopefully it wont go any higher :uhoh:

daeneee

HSC
N/A
ahhh good old fierce asian rivalry
my bro got 99.75...
so yeah...
and im doing the same subjects as him LOL
so my min. is 99.8 :D:D

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
gouge.away said:
I often wonder if the "fierce Asian rivalry" extend to Filipinos. Hell, the eldest sister got 92.45 and the younger brother got 60 and that goes to show that the parents aren't really strict at all. :eek:
I hate it when asian parents compare the kids! It tends to make the older kids not want to teach the younger kids or younger kids not praise the older kids efforts and vice versa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)