Sibling rivalry (1 Viewer)

Princess_messy

Does anyone else feel they have to beat or at least equal the UAI of an older brother or sister who went really well in the HSC?

Untitled

yeah it would be great to beat my brother, but i know there isn't much chance, i am just hoping i get within 10 points of him

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
haha im the oldest so i set the standard

cept i think my sisters will beat me cos they have less distractions

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000

cept i think my sisters will beat me cos they have less distractions
I'm the eldest too! Hope to beat younger siblings! Hope to beat peers aswell!

roo

HSC
it's kinda hard for me.. i've got a twin in the same grade and school.. grr, but yeah sometimes its alright because we can discuss things and swap notes from different teachers.

with the competition tho.. hmm i dont think it's there, but i swear i feel it coming from my sis sometimes.. :rolleyes:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Im the oldest 2, so ud expect it 2 b easy 4 me. no pressure & all. but typical of my mum she has a friend whos daughter, X, is really smart and everything. :graduate: she finished her hsc when i was in yr 7 and got a really good uai, so 4 the last 6 years Ive had 2 put up with "you know X is doing dentistry and shes going really well", "oh X is now working as a dentist and shes getting good money, you should do something like that 2" etc etc.:teacher: :teacher: :teacher: <--- thats my mum nagging

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Me = Eldest by 6 years.

The HSC will hopefully have changed by then, my brother is looking a bit more than a smart-ass, if you know what I mnea ;)

Ac

Sam17

My sister got in the 70's a couple of years ago. If I beat her I'll look good.

bex

HSC
as do i... Paving the way!!! but i dont want my little brothers to beat me!:rolleyes:

schokman

HSC
:p I got lucky... my brother got 42 for his UAI.. he kinda flipped up his HSC years... though he did get an extremely good mark for Maths.. just the whole thing combined.. so not much to beat :p

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I think it is dissappoiting if a younger sibling does worse than you. Couldn't care if they doen better, that would be good.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I have no siblings so I wouldn't know.

HSC
I'm the eldest of four (three brothers, years 7, 8 and 11). And there's no chance they will beat whatever I get, lol. None of them are [seriously] considering university though, so they won't care too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)