Sick During Exam (1 Viewer)

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Hey,

Today in my Economics exam I had a severe migraine and was sick - I had managed to complete everything in the exam but the last essay (which I got like 1/5th through but then I couldn't work anymore because I felt so sick).

I have a doctor's certificate and intend to apply for misadventure.

My question is, what happens now? If my mark is discrepant from my internal average (which was 93-95 I think) do they 'bump' up my HSC mark? Do I simply get the highest examination mark as both my internal/external? Or do I get an estimate? I would like to know what would happen.

Thanks.

theodore0307

HSC
Its hard to say they'll accept it. It might not be enough to cut it

theodore0307

HSC
Headache might not be sever enough. For it to count you probably would have had to vomit

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
I am already in possession of a doctor's cert. It doesn't detail my sickness but says I will be/was unfit. The supervisor wrote down everything for me in terms of sickness. I am seeing the senior supervisor on Wednesday morning for the form. I also told the deputy principal before I left to go home what happened and she said to get a doctor's cert (so I did).

KitchenSinky

HSC
lol suck shit you arrogant cunt
EDIT: in all srsness the BOSTES is pretty strict with the misadventure of exams so I highly doubt a "migraine" or "headache" will cut it and I doubt a generic doctor's certificate will be enough to convince them to do anything. Get wrekd cunt. The generic doctor's certificate is punishment for your use of generic English essays.

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The generic doctor's certificate will need to be upgraded with the BOSTES form - not hard to do but means going back to the doctor's.

What will happen:

1. your exam will be marked as normal
2. they will take you and your marks out of the aligning/moderating process for your cohort
3. they will determine a mark for you
4. they will re-do the above with your exam mark into the cohort's marks
5. they will determine which will be better for you - to have your exam mark or to have an 'estimated mark' based on your rank internally
6. they will then give you the best mark - but .....

if the final results don't indicate that the illness/misadventure was accepted it doesn't mean it wasn't - it won't be accepted IF your exam mark gave you a better mark than not including your exam mark and basing it off your internal marks/ranks

If you were ranked first and you do get the misadventure/illness granted then your final mark will reflect the difference between you and 2nd so if you were say 1 mark ahead then you would remain 1 mark ahead or equal (due to aligning marks get compressed). If you were ranked anywhere else you will maintain that rank with a mark that fits.

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
The generic doctor's certificate will need to be upgraded with the BOSTES form - not hard to do but means going back to the doctor's.

What will happen:

1. your exam will be marked as normal
2. they will take you and your marks out of the aligning/moderating process for your cohort
3. they will determine a mark for you
4. they will re-do the above with your exam mark into the cohort's marks
5. they will determine which will be better for you - to have your exam mark or to have an 'estimated mark' based on your rank internally
6. they will then give you the best mark - but .....

if the final results don't indicate that the illness/misadventure was accepted it doesn't mean it wasn't - it won't be accepted IF your exam mark gave you a better mark than not including your exam mark and basing it off your internal marks/ranks

If you were ranked first and you do get the misadventure/illness granted then your final mark will reflect the difference between you and 2nd so if you were say 1 mark ahead then you would remain 1 mark ahead or equal (due to aligning marks get compressed). If you were ranked anywhere else you will maintain that rank with a mark that fits.
Thanks very much for this!

I am ranked first by like 4 marks overall. My cohort wasn't that good except for me (not being a dick but it's true) so that's very concerning that I may only get a mark that is 4 or so marks higher than theirs. Unless I misunderstood. But thanks again this is what I wanted somebody to clarify.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)