Sick on prac day? (1 Viewer)

becibu

HSC
Hi Everyone,

I'm a singer and also an asthmatic who is fighting off an infection at the moment. I have my prac in 7 days and I am starting to cough a lot. All my sinuses are blocked up and I feel terrible.

OK I have my prac on THURSDAY! What happens under these circustances? I am so screwd I dont mean to brag but my class is so dodgy, everyone came in not being able to play their instruments. I am the only one taking private lessons so natually I'm coming first.

With that said... what do I do if I sick on exam day?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I'm a singer and also an asthmatic who is fighting off an infection at the moment. I have my prac in 7 days and I am starting to cough a lot. All my sinuses are blocked up and I feel terrible.

OK I have my prac on THURSDAY! What happens under these circustances? I am so screwd I dont mean to brag but my class is so dodgy, everyone came in not being able to play their instruments. I am the only one taking private lessons so natually I'm coming first.

With that said... what do I do if I sick on exam day?

Think - what would you do if you were sick on the day of an HSC exam?

You would get a doctor's certificate and have the principal support a claim for special consideration.

If the BOS approve then you mark is estimated based on the school's assessment mark.

The same thing happens with any HSC exam - either practical or theoretical.

becibu

HSC
Think - what would you do if you were sick on the day of an HSC exam?

You would get a doctor's certificate and have the principal support a claim for special consideration.

If the BOS approve then you mark is estimated based on the school's assessment mark.

The same thing happens with any HSC exam - either practical or theoretical.
The thing that confuses me is that I heard of anecdotes from teachers of people sitting the exam at a later date. This could be years ago when the system changed. I was hoping that it was somehow possible to do the exam later because it runs over two weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)