Sick. (1 Viewer)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I'm feeling really sick and I have my Physics HSC exam tomorrow. My doctor says I might have the flu and he has prescribed me Tamiflu. I was wondering, if I do sit the exam tomorrow, can I apply for Special Consideration and also how would I do it ?

Thanks.

pman

Banned
HSC
Sit the exam, see your DP before the exam and pick up an illness misadventure form, notify the chief supervisor you are applying for illness, fill our paperwork

qaz0981

HSC
a flu is a crap reason tbh unless it is SIGNIFICANTLY affecting your ability to sit in a room and put pen to paper for a few hours.
the flu isn't a crap reason, it can actually get pretty bad. do not confuse the flu with a cold - completely different things that everyone thinks are the same.
i had it earlier this year, went on tamiflu - muscles ached, was very tired, severe headahces, sore throat, cough etc - you just don't want to move or do anything
i'm glad i've had it already and not now.. that's really unlucky.
also, if you have it, you are still infectious until 3 days after you started your course of tamiflu (the safe time) so i am unsure about how this would affect you being able to do it at school.. i would agree with imsopostmodern, and call your school

maveric31

HSC
I got the Flu last year for Physics, i applied for misadventure and it was approved, but somhow my exam mark beat my internal assessment mark so they didnt adjust my mark..
but if it effects your performance in anyway you will have a good chance.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
imho, if i were you, i would sit the exam.

but listen to postmodern's advice, she knows what she is talking about.

(Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)