*sigh* (1 Viewer)

miranda

HSC
hi all,

i need some ideas.
i've been going out with my boyfriend for over a year now and we're very much in love. he's applied for scholarships at melbourne, wollongong and bathurst unis.
normally i would be the supportive girlfriend but damnit i don't want him to GO!!!!

help me :(

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I know...

I got through to interview (last 10) in a scholarship for a sydney school and knocked it back because im not ready to leave my boyfriend.

Im not kidding myself into believing that were going to be married or something... but i just dont want to go!

If he doesnt get scholarships will he still go?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Went through the same thing with my boyfriend last year....we had been together 14 months when I applied for ANU....he got really upset about it and some awful things were said (just out of sheer desperation on his part I think) and even though I didn't end up going it left scars for both of us and at 18 months we broke up.

Its ok though cos Im with an amazing guy now and am totally in love...I guess these things happen for a reason!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
miranda said:
hi all,

i need some ideas.
i've been going out with my boyfriend for over a year now and we're very much in love. he's applied for scholarships at melbourne, wollongong and bathurst unis.
normally i would be the supportive girlfriend but damnit i don't want him to GO!!!!

hey, I suggest you talk to him about how you feel...tell him if he believes this relationship is going somewhere, and ask him why haven't you discussed this with me.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'd never let any fickle teenage relationship ruin my potential opportunities.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
django_ said:
yes but it may not be fickle
It's fickle until you're over 25, have wealth and can sustain a long-term (3yrs+) adult romantic relationship.

Senator04

HSC
N/A
django_ said:
yes but it may not be fickle
Agreed, in ur late teens things start to become serious, and you might never find anyone like him again. Maybe you've got to try and manage, and see him as much as possible.

This is probably less relevent but one of my mates hooked up with a girl a coupla months ago, and they are made for each other, like suit perfectly. She didnt want to commit formally because she's goin overseas next year, and its killing them both, well it finally got the better of him and he is chasing after her to Europe next year.

django_

HSC
Ziff said:
It's fickle until you're over 25, have wealth and can sustain a long-term (3yrs+) adult romantic relationship.
oh ok but where does it say u have to be in ur mid 20s and rich and that long-term means 3yrs+?

to me, long term is wen its about a year or more..and u know u love the person and everything...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
here's an idea, why don't you let him make up his own mind and support him regardless. Stop being so selfish, if he wants to stay he will.

chantellet

HSC
Well let me speak from his point of view.. I'm moving away for uni and leaving my guy behind but this is what I want to do really badly and nothing would make me give it up. I know it probably won't work out with us and thats something I have to cope with but all you can do is enjoy the time you have before he goes and make the most of every moment u have now. And if you really mean that much to each other you'll find a way to work it out. *we can work it out* lol

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Jago said:
here's an idea, why don't you let him make up his own mind and support him regardless. Stop being so selfish, if he wants to stay he will.
that might be harsh, but true in the sense that he's obviously thought about the university scholarship thing thru- i doubt in his thinking he would have forgotten u....im sure he has made up his mind either to have a long distance relationship or is applying on the off chance he wont get in...and there is the third option but i dont think u will like that

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
that might be harsh, but true in the sense that he's obviously thought about the university scholarship thing thru- i doubt in his thinking he would have forgotten u....im sure he has made up his mind either to have a long distance relationship or is applying on the off chance he wont get in...and there is the third option but i dont think u will like that
Yeah I know the third option...

"Babe, why don't you come with me?"

I hate life-changing decisions. I don't wanna grow up. I wanna be in primary school again!

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
miranda said:
hi all,

i need some ideas.

Talk to him about it and tell him that you don't want him to go.
I know its kinda selfish to do, but once his gone his gone, unless he decides to come back.
Does he feel the same about you as you feel about him?
If I was very much in love with someone I wouldn't leave, even if it meant choosing him over my career.

Senator04

HSC
N/A
If I was very much in love with someone I wouldn't leave, even if it meant choosing him over my career.
Totally agreed, you can go to Uni anywhere, but you may ever only find a girl you really love once, so I think I'd stay, if that were the way.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Yeah I know the third option...

"Babe, why don't you come with me?"

I hate life-changing decisions. I don't wanna grow up. I wanna be in primary school again!
ah ok there is noe a 4th option u really wont like- he is planning to break up with u, but i know nothing about ur relationship to back that up...so deladopomakio

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
ah ok there is noe a 4th option u really wont like- he is planning to break up with u, but i know nothing about ur relationship to back that up...so deladopomakio
Ouch that didn't come to mind.......

*hears someone's heart breaking in the distance....*

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i know- thats the worst feeling whether or not to break up with someone - especially when u dont or they dont want to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)