significance of ranking? (1 Viewer)

jayzon

HSC
How much do you people think that my UAI will be impacted on if Im about middle ranked in all my sibjects? I've put effort into the final exams and am pretty confient that i will achieve alright results. Anybody any useful imput? cheers

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: significance of ranking?

I have seen that students ranked near the top or at the top of the class receive HSC results and UAI's much higher than the rest of their classmates.
So your rank in the class must be serious business.

Roy9

HSC
Also wondering this.... but i'm sorta the other way around. Ranked fairly good in my subjects but only doing average in the tests, not blitzing them

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Roy9 said:
Also wondering this.... but i'm sorta the other way around. Ranked fairly good in my subjects but only doing average in the tests, not blitzing them
yeah i wanna to, what happens?

Fucked? or still a glimmer of hope?

urbanstylz

HSC
Roy9 said:
Yeh same what is the importance of ranking..

Just.Snaz

HSC
importance of ranking lies in your assessment mark. good rank = good assessment mark. And assessment mark is 50%. So if you have bad ranks then you need to absolutely blitz your externals to push your average up, that is, your (assessment mark + hsc mark)/2 = mark for that subject that's used in your UAI.

lilredelmo

HSC
Doesn't it also depend on school's performance in exams??
I am ranked LOW in Selective high...but think I am still better off than being in top few in some other schools!
I could have gone to the school up the road and been top of all my subjects BUT would not have necessarily got higher final mark!
So it's all relative to your school's performance..ISN"T IT????:mad1:

sasa-o8

HSC
Let's say I completely bombed out during my Legal exam (which I honestly did...I'm seriously thinking I got around 30%....) but I'm ranked 2nd ...so will it somehow help or am I totally screwed??!

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
sasa-o8 said:
Let's say I completely bombed out during my Legal exam (which I honestly did...I'm seriously thinking I got around 30%....) but I'm ranked 2nd ...so will it somehow help or am I totally screwed??!
If you really did get 30%, you would have ruined the lives of all those who have a lower internal rank than you since your mark will be shared with some other people as internal.

EnesUnal1991

HSC
sasa-o8 said:
the rank matter a lot as it is how the hsc mark is made.
for example if a person lower ranked then you got 90 and you got 85 then you get half of their mark and half of yours. then this is halfed and added to 50% of your internal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)