Signing up for Clubs and Societies. (1 Viewer)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
So...how much money are u taking (or took last year) to sign up for the Clubs and Societies...

and is it a waste of money? :confused: as a couple of friends told me that they got nothing out of it except emails!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hahah, i didnt even know we had to pay for stuff like that... i need to learn these things (and stop spending money)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, most of them u gotta pay money- but on O-week i don't think ur meant to pay there- u just sign up there....then u pay later.

yeah, thats why its important not to join too much societies (since u won't have the time) and also pick the good ones which carry out a lot of activities- a good guide for this is to c who got the "best clubs or societies" awards for last year- then base your judgements from there. :)

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, most of them u gotta pay money- but on O-week i don't think ur meant to pay there- u just sign up there....then u pay later.

i think u pay when u sign up. its upto $10 Maximum.(this is what a friend told me)

Last edited:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Most societies require you to pay upfront. But if you don't bring money or forget to, societies/cubs will be around for a couple of weeks around manning for you to join!

Last year i joined:

Co-op life membership Membership ($25) - 10% discount.

Comsoc ($8) - Comsoc Formal, BBQ's, Yum Cha Outings, Pub Crawl, Cocktail Parties and Seminars/Lectures from large companies. Oh and a bag of goodies when you apply.

AYBC ($10) - this is the Australian Youth Business Council. We had Parties, BBQ's, cruise, formal etc

Anime club ($5-$10) - weekly/monthly anime screenings.

I wanted to join more like subski (most people join cos its the club with the wildest social scene) and Select Marketing but couldn't be bothered at that time, but i will this time around!!!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
is there a list of clubs anywhere?

or do we just walk around and hope for the best?

alman

there is a thing called the "beige pages" which has the list of clubs and societies..

but usyd website hasnt put it up yet...someone want to check?..

it would be on the daily bull site..so check it out..i sure would like an update..

by george, some people have replied fast (melbournian)..but look at that time difference..

Collin

HSC
N/A
Dammit, they don't have a kung fu club in susport.

Hmm Table Tennis sounds alright, hopefully I'll have enough time.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Any club involving liberal use of togas and alcohol (y)... not that I'm going to USyd :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz
Most societies require you to pay upfront. But if you don't bring money or forget to, societies/cubs will be around for a couple of weeks around manning for you to join!

Last year i joined:

Co-op life membership Membership ($25) - 10% discount.
i'm thinking of not joining the co-op bookshop and rather get a friend who's already joined to get me the books. ;)

Originally posted by laney
join sunisoc!!!
whats that?

sneaker

does anyone know whether you can join the clubs in the broadway campus if you study and fall under the cumberland student's guild? (health sciences) The only clubs they seem to have are the sports and christian clubs?

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
i'm thinking of not joining the co-op bookshop and rather get a friend who's already joined to get me the books. ;)

my mum joined it like 2 or 3 years ago...so i can use it :D

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i would reccommend joining your faculty club, like commsoc, agsoc, scisoc, etc, but seriously, most of the rest are a bit of a waste, unless u really have nothing better to do with your time.

Watch out of those uber hard core christian clubs though, u may find yourself standing outside wentworth annoying ppl with stupid brochures!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)