Singapore Airlines A380 (1 Viewer)

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
I was just reading about someone elses thread Korean Air and made me think to do one.
In July I'm flying with my brother on the Singapore Airlines A380 (Airbus) to England and was just wondering if anyone has been on it and how good it is... it looks pretty good from what I've seen, but first hand experience is always better.

Anyone?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I am very jealous:) !!!

Never been on it, but apparently very spacious. Make sure you dont get stuck in one of the "emergency row" middle sections (You will thank me later)

Make sure you get Upper deck, from people saying how good it is for the view!

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Travelling in the A380 will be an amazing experience. You won't really hear much of the noise because they have ut down the noise problems. If you really want to feel the power of those engines or have a fascination at take-offs and landings, make sure you get a place on the wing or just behind the wing, not too behind.

Yeah get upper deck, but i think you might be paying a bit more for that, but worth it since its an A380!.

HSC
Nah, upper deck's got economy class as well. My brother takes the upper deck every time he flies A380 cuz he doesn't want to squeeze with the million people sitting at the bottom deck! :D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
milocole said:
I am very jealous:) !!!

Never been on it, but apparently very spacious. Make sure you dont get stuck in one of the "emergency row" middle sections (You will thank me later)

Make sure you get Upper deck, from people saying how good it is for the view!
yeah cause i'm sure being a level higher makes a massive difference when you're thousands of metres above the ground lol

romancandle

HSC
ticky2002 said:
I was just reading about someone elses thread Korean Air and made me think to do one.
In July I'm flying with my brother on the Singapore Airlines A380 (Airbus) to England and was just wondering if anyone has been on it and how good it is... it looks pretty good from what I've seen, but first hand experience is always better.

Anyone?
Next thursday I'm boarding a singapores a380 flight via singapore to london heathrow.

If I can get on BOS while I'm over in the UK I'll give you a first hand review of what things were like!

I'm really looking forward to it :D

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
ticky2002 said:

Anyone?
I went on the A380 twice in January Syd-->Singapore and Singapore-->Syd and pretty much what people are saying about the spaciousness, noise etc is true. On my holiday I went on 4 airlines including singapore, and the A380 was definately the best. It was really quiet, the seats were slightly wider than normal and there was more leg room. The entertainment system was awesome (my brother says its similar to the ent system on virgin pacific flights from syd-->hong kong but with a bigger screen if youve just so happened to been on that :p). Like any other singapore airlines flight the service was great - make sure you get some free singapore slings.

When I flew I was on the bottom deck, because when we booked our tickets, the A380 hadnt started flying yet so we were booked on another flight, and then when they changed it to the A380 all the economy tickets they had already sold were automatically put on the bottom deck. But like breaking said, what difference does an extra level make when your thousands of meters of the ground?

The most annoying thing about the flight was waiting in the the departure lounge in sydney before the flight. Even though they devoted two departure lounges to the one flight, there still wasnt nearly enough room. Coming back from singapore it was fine because their departure lounges are massive. Also waiting for luggage after arrive in Sydney took ages (like about an hour) considering how many people were on the flight + the shittiness of the Syd airport. I'm not sure what it would've been like in Singapore, coz we had a connecting flight, so didnt have to collect our baggage.

5233andy

HSC
Triple777ER said:
Travelling in the A380 will be an amazing experience. You won't really hear much of the noise because they have ut down the noise problems. If you really want to feel the power of those engines or have a fascination at take-offs and landings, make sure you get a place on the wing or just behind the wing, not too behind.

Yeah get upper deck, but i think you might be paying a bit more for that, but worth it since its an A380!.

Literally music to my ears - engine noise

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Someone who flew on it in February said it was incredibly noisy flying it. So they have definitely taken care of the noise? Source?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I've been on in business through work...gotta say it's pretty nice...and it's like everything is twice as big as you would normally get...not sure about economy though

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
iv been on the economy class, and boy your in for a treat. its beautiful, there is no way ill be going back to the old jets after i had a ride in this beauty.

aimhigh10

HSC
wow sry this is a bit outdated
but yeah the airbus, ive been on it :)
theres economy on the lower deck
but then upper deck at the back also has economy
and the seats a massive for economy
like 1.5 to 2 times normal size

i think business class has individual seats (on the windows) - theyre that big!

but overall
its awesome :p

5233andy

HSC
Well the A380 is meant to emit the same noise pollution as that of an A340 - meaning that take offs would be remarkably quiet.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Plane dudes: Do these things fly to Sydney? This afternoon at Sydenham I saw a big plane fly overhead, had four engines, a Singapore Airlines tail, it was fat and when it turned it didn't have the knobby thing at the front like 747's have (ie: full double decker).

yeah?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Plane dudes: Do these things fly to Sydney? This afternoon at Sydenham I saw a big plane fly overhead, had four engines, a Singapore Airlines tail, it was fat and when it turned it didn't have the knobby thing at the front like 747's have (ie: full double decker).

yeah?
no shit, sherlock

stazi

Nightman
HSC
newspapers, television, company websites, google, bos threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)