Single sex schools vs coed (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
Single-sex would most probably be better acadamically.
Although Co-ed is always fun and still get good results and not to mention the social aspect of it.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
I have heard it said that studies show that Single-sex schools are best for girls but co-ed are best for boys. But where are all those self-sacrificing girls that would do co-ed just to help out the boys?

I went to single sex and found it great. Girls can be very catty in those adolescent years. I sent my son to a co-ed and it was brutal. I taught at both and single-sex boys public school was horrid. Single-sex girls public and private was great. Co-ed I found that some of the girls (not all) were more interested in being attractive for the guys and spent class time doing make-up and being ditzy.

Now I homeschool. It is both single-sex and co-ed :D

AnandDNA

HSC
I go to a single sex school but i would kill for a reason to persuade my parents put me in a co-ed school :(

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Single sex - we guys still get to talk to girls. :mad1:

Just not as much. :eek:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
Single-sex would most probably be better acadamically.
Although Co-ed is always fun and still get good results and not to mention the social aspect of it.
I didn't enjoy being beaten by a girl in English, Maths, Science, Commerce, Music, Visual Arts, PD/H/PE, Geography, History and Food Technology. (when i was in a co-ed school 2 years ago)

L

lsam

lyounamu said:
I didn't enjoy being beaten by a girl in English, Maths, Science, Commerce, Music, Visual Arts, PD/H/PE, Geography, History and Food Technology. (when i was in a co-ed school 2 years ago)
hahahahahahaha...when the hell was it? st.leo's?

to op: i like co-ed better. i have got some gays at school. i dun belive that there are stupid people in the world who pay those gays $22000 to go to school.

michael1990

HSC
lyounamu said:
LOL!

Well you didn't try hard enough. Nah.

Seriously i think single-sexed schools are much better off.
Less distractions (unless you are homosexual).
More competition.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I go to a co-ed school but I have friends that go to private all girls schools. From talking to them there seem to be advantages and disadvantages to having a single sex school, but most of my friends from these schools seem to find it difficult relating to my school friends (who are all male) because they are not used to the way guys behave so that can be frustrating.

Me, personally I like being in co-ed

me121

Premium Member
HSC
i went to a co-ed school. and despite having never attended a single-sex school, i think co-ed is better. students will learn academically either way, in my opinion. none is better than the other. but for the social aspects, i think co-ed is better.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lyounamu said:
Are you serious? I'm not a feminist or anything, but I think it's slightly sexist that you dont like being beaten by a girl but you dont mind beng beaten by a guy.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
Are you serious? I'm not a feminist or anything, but I think it's slightly sexist that you dont like being beaten by a girl but you dont mind beng beaten by a guy.
No, I wasn't trying to be sexist. The girl I am talking about is a girl who came first in everything in my first school and to be honest I didn't hate her because of that. She was very hostile to me because I was mediocre in English at that time.

And I apologise if sounded as I sounded sexist. I should have said "the girl" not "a girl". Poor wording again.

Just.Snaz

HSC
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
yep co ed here to, esp since i get on better with guys then girls haha
+ 1

I don't think I'd handle a single-sex school.. Girls are too... girly... lol

But there are some guys at my school that aren't any different :uhoh:

Shoubadoo

HSC
Pittwater House is co-ed, but single-sex in the classroom.

I've heard from people who go there that it works very well for them that way.

Some other school's have started it, too.

I go to co-ed, and I find that fine, apart from some guy often being major distractions in class, but hey- the do at least occasionally provied entertainment :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)