• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (1 Viewer)

froggy_chik87

HSC
it is such a disspaointment to see the people who have been chosen to play the chcarcters, lyk sure, none of them are ugly, but lena is meant to be gorgeous, and GREEK, and HOT...tibby is meant to be skinny...bee, is meant to have absolutely wonderful hair, and she is meant to have this something special about her, in which she realli doesn't have...and carmen should be prittier than that!!

i loved all of the books for all different reasons, and i find that if you read them you can generally relate to at least one of the characters (btw, just for you all who are interested...you can do a quiz on http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/sisterhoodcentral/quiz.html to see which character you are more lyk)

but yea finaly statement, disspaointed with the people they chose to play the characters, GREAT books, haven't seen the movie yet, but going to see it thursday!!

one last thing, there is another thread about sisterhood od the travelling pants, its in books, and i started it!!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
froggy_chik87 said:
it is such a disspaointment to see the people who have been chosen to play the chcarcters, lyk sure, none of them are ugly, but lena is meant to be gorgeous, and GREEK, and HOT...tibby is meant to be skinny...bee, is meant to have absolutely wonderful hair, and she is meant to have this something special about her, in which she realli doesn't have...and carmen should be prittier than that!!

i loved all of the books for all different reasons, and i find that if you read them you can generally relate to at least one of the characters (btw, just for you all who are interested...you can do a quiz on http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/sisterhoodcentral/quiz.html to see which character you are more lyk)

but yea finaly statement, disspaointed with the people they chose to play the characters, GREAT books, haven't seen the movie yet, but going to see it thursday!!

one last thing, there is another thread about sisterhood od the travelling pants, its in books, and i started it!!
i didn't think alexis bledel as lena would work either but it did actually work out ok..i mean, it might've been better with someone that looked a bit more greek..but alexis actually did a pretty good job i thought

tibby IS skinny..she's tall..but meh..she has awesome hair :D

and i thought bee DID have 'absolutely wonderful hair'..it was REALLY long..i thought her hair was really pretty

but yeh, i was a little disappointed with carmen also..she is REALLY over-dramatic throughout the entire movie..she was in the book too hey? but, yeh, in the movie..it's like, too much!! but anyway..she still made me cry haha

you guys seem to hate the movie before you've even seen it..DON'T do that, because it IS good..you just have to remember though, no movie adaptation will ever really be THAT good because of course the books can describe more and make things more emotional etc. etc.

froggy_chik87

HSC
book is heaps better...

i saw the movie the other day and was dissapointed at how much they had changed the story line!!

alexis did lena okay, but was still bit dissapointed that the person wasn't greek...and also...where was effie in the movie? was dissapointed that her character didn't make it into the movie...also...since when did lena's family hate kostos and his family...that was a MAJOR shock?!?

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
the movie was great...but only if you looked at it as if you hadn't already read the book...i read the book when it first came out (2001 or 2002) and so i couldnt remeber some of the finer details...i have reread the book since and the storyline is much much better :)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
froggy_chik87 said:

no, all the girls are meant to be pretty, but they arent meant to be absolutely gorgeous, except for Lena, and i dont think Alexis Bledel was right for the part, she doesnt look greek at all but i think all the other girls fit the parts well.

agua.fuego

HSC
That movie was terrrrrrrrrrrible. How can you put Alexis Bledel as Lena, and whoever was Eric as Eric?
It made me completely annoyed to watch it. Had to go read the books again. Apparently the 2nd one has skipped straight to the 4th book with bits of the 2nd and 3rd thrown in - true or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)