Sites where you can download American TV shows? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does anyone know any secure or reliable sites where u can download episodes from American TV shows, such as the OC??? (i NEED to see season 2) Anyone who knows plz help me out! Thanks in advance

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
BitTorrent is the best in my opinion. I don't know why people download television shows in advance though:rolleyes:.

HSC
Thanx.. I cant wait for season two cuz i was in America a month ago and saw an episode of it so im all confused... But it was worth it cuz i went to newport beach n stuff so it was fuN!

Can u just play the eps thru windows media player or sumthin simple?

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Merethrond said:
BitTorrent is the best in my opinion. I don't know why people download television shows in advance though:rolleyes:.
dramatically reduces the risk of spoilers (esp reality shows). getting clean versions of the shows without commercials or on air graphics (expt NBC shows they have tons of popups)

HSC
wtf? do u have to pay for this site? or am i just using it wrong...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
go_swans said:
Thanx.. I cant wait for season two cuz i was in America a month ago and saw an episode of it so im all confused... But it was worth it cuz i went to newport beach n stuff so it was fuN!
OH, I am so jealous of you:cool:!

go_swans said:
Can u just play the eps thru windows media player or sumthin simple?
Yes, Windows Media Player should play the files fine:).

routemarker said:
dramatically reduces the risk of spoilers (esp reality shows). getting clean versions of the shows without commercials or on air graphics (expt NBC shows they have tons of popups)
Reducing the risk of spoilers is a fair point, that is the only reason I am downloading The O.C. Season Two:). I would rather use my usage on other stuff if I could avoid it though:).

go_swans said:
wtf? do u have to pay for this site? or am i just using it wrong...
No, have a read of this site if you have never used BitTorrent before. It should answer all of your questions:).

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i've just upgraded my broadband so i wanna know this bittorent site thing aswell.. though i heard it's closed down ?? any other alternatives ?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Annegelic said:
i've just upgraded my broadband so i wanna know this bittorent site thing aswell.. though i heard it's closed down ?? any other alternatives ?
bittorrent cannot be 'closed down'. it doesn't work that way

you need a bittorrent client (i suggest abc)

and if you're looking for tv shows, the best place to go is www.tvtorrents.tv. they had a fuckup recently, so many of the older episodes aint up anymore, but they are still the best for getting the latest releases on time. if you can't find what you're after on that site, try google. for example 'alias torrent' or 'oc torrent'

also you may need xvid installed if you haven't already in order to view the shows. if you still have problems viewing the downloaded files, then try nimo

and to answer that guy's question about why download tv shows in advance. firstly, you get them months earlier. secondly, there are no ads. finally, and most importantly for me, i can watch them whenever i please, and don't have to revolve my life around a tv schedule. conclusion: i very rarely watch tv anymore, even though i do watch an incredibly large number of tv shows (oh, dvds help too)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
^ hey thanks for that, appreciate it.

question: can you download new x-box and/or PC games using the bittorrent thing ?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
answer: yes, but not from tvtorrents. as the name suggests, you will only get tv shows from that site. try www.torrentspy.com, www.torrentreactor.net or www.lokitorrent.com. you will most definitely be able to find 'new' games on those sites. old games are a completely different matter. bittorrent is the best choice for anything new, very fast, reliable speeds. older files are harder to find, and will be slower. bittorrent is always the first place i check for something, but i don't always expect to find what i'm after. again, googling 'world of warcraft torrent' can always work if you cannot find something on the sites mentioned above

= Jennifer =

HSC
Annegelic said:
it wasnt bittorrent it was suprnova which uses bittorrent

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
it wasnt bittorrent it was suprnova which uses bittorrent
yeah and i think alot of sites temporarily closed
because they were using suprnova i a way
but all is fine now :D
and bittorrent is so easy to use and is heaps quick

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Annegelic said:
As "= Jennifer =" said it was actually www.suprnova.org that was shutdown, which was the biggest site on the Internet that listed ".torrent files" (it was an equivalent site to the others that crazyhomo mentioned earlier). I am aware of one mirror that is still up though. I don't know if I can give you the link on this site though because some other sites don't allow it. I gave you the link to www.suprnova.org because it no longer lists illegal files:p.

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
crazyhomo said:
you need a bittorrent client (i suggest abc))
I suggest Azureus (I won't give you the link because I am not sure if it is allowed on this forum) but you can easily find the site by searching on Google:).

crazyhomo said:
and to answer that guy's question about why download tv shows in advance. firstly, you get them months earlier. secondly, there are no ads. finally, and most importantly for me, i can watch them whenever i please, and don't have to revolve my life around a tv schedule. conclusion: i very rarely watch tv anymore, even though i do watch an incredibly large number of tv shows (oh, dvds help too)
OK, sure you get them months earlier but I can deal with the wait, there are always other shows to keep me busy. Ads aren't such a big deal either, although I would of course rather not have them. You can tape the shows and watch them whenever you feel like it to solve your last problem. The main reason I am against it is that you only get to watch it on a little computer screen. Anyway, everyone is different. Just for interest sake though, may I ask what connection speed and download limit you have:).

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
i use imesh.com

it's just like kazaa. people aren't that tight in sharing files, i guess.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
crazyhomo said:
bittorrent is the best choice for anything new, very fast, reliable speeds. older files are harder to find, and will be slower. bittorrent is always the first place i check for something, but i don't always expect to find what i'm after. again, googling 'world of warcraft torrent' can always work if you cannot find something on the sites mentioned above
Yeah, that is what I don't like about BitTorrent. For instance, I missed a couple of episodes of Arrested Development so I wanted to download just those episodes which I missed but all I could find was the complete season one:(.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mizz_smee said:
yeah and i think alot of sites temporarily closed
because they were using suprnova i a way
That is not the reason. Most closed down due to legal threats and a few others closed down voluntary because they didn't want to get legal threats and a few more went down because of the increased traffic that the closure of www.suprnova.org brought to them:).

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Merethrond said:
Just for interest sake though, may I ask what connection speed and download limit you have:).
i'm on a 1.5mbit adsl connection. theoreticallyi get 20gigs a month before i'm shaped to 64kbs, but in practice it usually take them awhile to shape me, so i get more like ~25gigs a month

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
crazyhomo said:
i'm on a 1.5mbit adsl connection. theoreticallyi get 20gigs a month before i'm shaped to 64kbs, but in practice it usually take them awhile to shape me, so i get more like ~25gigs a month
Ah, that would be awesome:).

I just thought I would warn all those people who are thinking of starting to use BitTorrent that the MPAA (The Motion Picture Association of America) is now targeting the BitTorrent network. People are being sued in The United States. The Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement (which comes into force on January 1, 2005) will mean that Australia will be inheriting the United States' Copyright Laws and penalties that come with it:eek:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)