Skins (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I watched first ep of season 3 last night. was alright... looks promising. effy's such a slut

just kept thinking of the old cast though

Artemis.

HSC
Not huge on the first ep of season 3, but the second ep is downloading now...hope it's better.

ASHK

germaphobe.
HSC
:confused: when season 3 air on SBS anyone know?

snaps.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Everyone started off talking really weirdly on this thread, but it has started to even out.
Unlike everyone else it seems, I really like the final. Cassie is my favourite character, followed closely by Tony (1st season for his manipulative antics and 2nd for his Cassie-esque awkwardness).
I don't have high hopes for season 3. Effie is more of a "side" character.

I've not noticed many hetereosexual guys on this thread...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I don't see why anyone has any expectations, or would make comparisons with the new series to the old, it's basically a whole new show, starting afresh.

Also, if you watch the old series, in the first couple of episodes it took a while for characters to get fleshed out. Like in the first ep or two, chris is just a drug fucked lout, development takes time.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I've not noticed many hetereosexual guys on this thread...
Lol i thought you were joking at first. Then i read guys typing in big purple letters... oh dear.

I don't know if the male audience is skewed gay but hey, I am happy to be in the straight minority. It's like the OC/Gossip Girl, you tend to watch it with your GF's. I enjoy(ed!? going on season 3 reviews) Skins because it was pure unadulterated escapism, particularly in season one.

icecoffee

HSC
I've just finished episode 2 as well and i don't think it was very good, i got a bit bored actually.

Artemis.

HSC
I've just finished episode 2 as well and i don't think it was very good, i got a bit bored actually.
Same...even Mackenzie Crook didn't even make it enjoyable for me. I think the novelty of Skins has worn off.

icecoffee

HSC
I hope not! The first episode was good...

Cook is a bit too OTT i think, and the whole episode was just him doing one stupid thing after the next. The only bit i found funny was when Pandora ate the drugs lol

jess39

HSC
Oh yes. Naomi is... lovely.

I also like JJ and Emily. I hate Cook. It's bad enough that he's constantly drinking and is a selfish pig, but he has absolutely no other redeeming characteristics. He hasn't got Tony's charisma (so I can't even love to hate him), or Chris' sense of humour. And he's not good looking. I'm glad his episode is over and done with now.

I'm not too sure about Effy. I loved her in the first two seasons. But part (or most) of her appeal was her mystique. I think she was meant to be a side character. Now she's there all the time, and it's like... oh. Effy laughs, Effy dances, Effy talks. Effy does everything other people do. Damn.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
watch the special features if you guys have dvd, nice parties

knotsandcrosses

HSC
I agree Cook seems like a try hard version of Chris. I really loved Chris, so Cook seems to be annoying me.

So far I like Emily the best out of the girls. Would never beat Cassies spot though, totally loved Cassie.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Just watched the first ep, wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on reviews.

Emily is hot. Reminds me of the lead singer of Paramore?

Pandora is as annoying as Sketch was.

On the guys side, JJ seems the most interesting of the three. Freddie is just a pretty boy and Cook is just typecast in the Tony role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)