Skyscrapers, architecture and whatever (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Does anyone else have like...an amateur interest in this stuff? like, i don't know anything about it but i find architecture (usually with big and important buildings) kinda interesting. let us therefore start a thread!

for instance, i deem the following building successful:
Governor Phillip Tower

i deem the following building unsuccessful:

both are boxes that stand out in their relative positions in one way. one is an utter failure, the other is spectacular.

discuss!

edit: this cluster of buildings is quite good

a success!

williamc

HSC
lol that building at blues point is so disgusting and should have been destroyed yonks ago

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Shanghai has the best skyline imo, so futuristic.

Sydney is also right up there, but a lot of that is due to its natural beauty more than the buildings themselves.

Also, dubai fucking sucks. Some of the buildings are very cool, especially the Burj Dubai, but together they don't work at all, its just an ugly mess.

HSC
Shanghai has the best skyline imo, so futuristic.

Sydney is also right up there, but a lot of that is due to its natural beauty more than the buildings themselves.

Also, dubai fucking sucks. Some of the buildings are very cool, especially the Burj Dubai, but together they don't work at all, its just an ugly mess.
So you've been to Dubai eh?

@Kaz1: That Building looks pretty nice :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Torre Mayor in Mexico city can withstand an earthquake of 8.5 on the richter scale. Ingenious engineering.
Doesn't look that good though.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

successful or not successful mate
absolutely successful. that two grey boxes could fit into a district with landmarks like the woolworth building, the american international building and 40 wall street is a testament to how great the WCT was. then there was the fact that it was so iconic yada yada. people that didnt like the wtc were like people that like anything in dubai - they dont know what they're on about

:uhoh:

supun47

HSC
If you guys are interested in this stuff, look no further then B. Construction Management @ UWS :D

My no. 1 preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)