Sleep the night before exams (1 Viewer)

mynameiscool

HSC
Hi everyone,

Sometimes I find it difficult to fall asleep until 12 or 1 the night before an exam... It didn't happen in junior school and only started happening this year when we had out first HSC assessment :(

Any ideas on how to get a good nights sleep?

ncoul

HSC
Read with a lamp on, then attempt to sleep. If this doesn't work, turn the lamp back on again and repeat until you're super tired.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I used to do things that would help make my mind clear...

I used to drink tea normally, and do some light stretching before bed. Also not think about the test at all.

epz

HSC
Think of a story in your head and just get tangled with it. Sometimes I just make really weird plots and they end up being my dreams. #realtalk

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I found that my inability to sleep the night before was proportionate to how much I had studied and how prepared I felt.

starshine02

HSC
Don't study for 1 hour before you sleep or use digital devices. Just use it to calm down and relax.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
When do you consider yourself well prepped for the exam? Hopefully way before the night before, so at least then there's less to worry about.

Also studying right before bed is showing results that you can learn better that way as you don't have to deal with later distractions throughout the night. Unlike the day, where something learnt in the morning could be easily forgotten as of the result of a busy day.

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to literally do nothing for a solid 30 minutes before you sleep as if your brain is still active from studying you will not be able to sleep.

Verify

HSC
Drink a glass of water before you go to bed because it clears your system or something.
Then go to bed and start imaging things that you would like happen to you in your life.

I think many people do this lol (esp the second one).

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Drink a glass of water before you go to bed because it clears your system or something.
Then go to bed and start imaging things that you would like happen to you in your life.

I think many people do this lol (esp the second one).
I would strongly advise against this. Can you imagine finally falling asleep only to be woken up again needing to pee?

heatherfeather

HSC
Drink half a glass of milk and eat a banana it's a natural sleeping aid. Put on a pair of warm socks and you're all set ! :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
If you really have trouble sleeping at night, have caffeine during the day so it will eventually tire you out. Although that is depending on the idea that you don't have a sensitivity to caffeinated beverages.

Last edited:

Bobbo1

HSC
Just make sure to stay healthy before a test, i.e. don't go studying 10 hours in a day. Keep your balance of eating well, getting some exercise and studying within reason. And get an early night sleep so even if it takes a bit longer you would still be well rested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)