Sleeping issues (1 Viewer)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
People might not be consciously stressing, but sometimes your subconscious can be a bastard. Like not letting you sleep =)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Hollieee said:
People might not be consciously stressing, but sometimes your subconscious can be a bastard. Like not letting you sleep =)
Yea that describes me.. not consciously stressing but my mind just won't shut down

And rofl Gordon you're such a smartass, that's why you beat me in Maths and English =(

I've asked my friends and one of them told me that he's gonna take sleeping pills if it happens to him the night before exams. I was like, oh maybe I should get a prescription as well. However he also told me that the doctor warned him about the effects of addictiveness and loss of alertness. Are these true?

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Apparently some can be addictive. But I'm not personally addicted. I only have a tiny bit of one when I'm feeling really stressed or I have an exam on because I know I wont sleep. (Not just any exam, only these ones).
Personally I think they're worth it =)

friction

HSC
gordon.tan2008 said:
1. Sleep early wake up early to study - better than waking up all groggy and forgetting everything
2. No MSN or Facebook - these are boring for me anyway
3. Do not eat just before you sleep - some people might have a history of bad stomach, gastrointestinal problems (a stomach ulcer made me skip the chemistry trial exam )
4. Do not watch movies - even if its a related text, blame yourself for not being prepared
5. Meditate - If your alone in your bedroom yu might as well do anything to rpevent chronic stress
6. Do not talk to people when you arrive at your hsc venue - people who ask you for tips and help just before you walk in are focused to set your mind off track, blame them for not being prepared
7. If you screw up just go home and focus on next exam do not deprecate yourself by discussion with friends - if you do well make sure you talk to them about exam so they have a chance of failing, let your inner demons out
8. If you felt confident when you walk out tell your teacher that you failed - at least it gives other students a feeling you did fail so you give them a nasty surprise at the end of the year, good tactic against people who are extremely competitive with you
9. !good luck for the rest of HSC
Words of wisdom right there.

baybii-nancy

HSC
Lordie said:
Indeed, I've got the same problems. Wake up in the middle of the night shouting themes and techniques (No, not literally, but it's just as bad. :p)

lols.. i sleep like a log but my mum apparently says i read my prepared essays in my sleep =/

ghost-blade

HSC
that's exactly wat happened to me night before the AOS exam, screwed me up in the exam, i wasn't concentrating as much and when i looked up to check wat time we finish i misread the board and thought i finished at 11:10 (ESL) so done the 3rd section in 10min, checked again and realised wat the real time was, but by then i was streased from the mistake id made so ddone crap in th creative writing and didnt finish it either.

i went to doctor esterday to find out what i can do to prevent it happening again, he said to do some counting techniques before sleeping, (counting backwards from 100) and drinking milk, also not to watch tv or games, or anything else to get the brain excited.

hopefully it doesnt happen again.

HSC
I sleep like a log.

Got to bed at around 9, wake up at 6:30 on exam nights.

Non exam nights i usually go to bed at like 12:30 or so and get up at 10

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
PwarYuex said:
^ It sounds ridiculous, but I've seen it recommended for some people who can't get to sleep.
Hahahaha you've seen it before x(

spitfire63

HSC
Ok honestly, if you dont think you will be able to sleep go to the chemist and by either valerian root weed (some herbal sleeping thing) or if you were really worried buy unisom sleep gels. they are an antihistimine nothing more than would be given if you had some allergies and they will help, and since they are not sleeping tablets you wont feel like crap when you wake up in the morning.

Bekhit

HSC
i got a sleepin issue...i fink im sleepin 2 much.
so its definately not stress 4 u guys cos ive been screwed 4 ma eng n sleepin fine lol

SeriousCrash

HSC
Yeah same, I cannot fall asleep at all even if i'm yawning every second I still roll around in bed for ages its really frustrating.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I also can't sleep properly!
Like on Thursday night.....I was in bed by 10:00pm and I was only able to sleep around 12:00am!

tess1990

HSC
Yeh i know what you mean...like i've never really been the person to go to bed early, usually on school nights i used to go to bed at like 12am...but lately, even if i wanted to go to bed early, im still up at like 2am, just laying in my bed, hoping i would fall asleep soon, or else i would be heaps tired in the morning...and i don't exactly want to fall asleep during my exam.

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
im going to bed at 1am and sleeping around 2am... (holidays its 3-4am lol)

laying in bed tossing and turning is still good... ur body is resting and doing nothing so its classified as sleep to some extent it just means ur brain isnt sleeping and its still active so it wont store info about the previous day in ur long term memory... just make sure ur in bed for 7-8 hrs even if u only sleep a couple of hours ... if it keeps happening c a doctor

cassiie

HSC
N/A
nights before exams i'm up studying.
ive done 3hr exams before on 3hours sleep and i've been fine.
i take no doz and i take it in the morning when i get up so i can be awake for the exam..i take one in the exam also. if you know you wont get much sleep it's good to have one of these it ensures you're well awake for the exam!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)