Small schools (1 Viewer)

mailcarrier

HSC
My school is quite small, about 270 students.
There are 36 people in my entire year group and only about 8 of us are actually trying to get a good ATAR.
My teacher told me that the number of students in a class affects the scaling/ final mark?
Is it possible for more than 10 students to reach an ATAR above the 90's ? From previous years only about 2-5 students got 90's+ and I fear that my ranking isn't high enough to achieve this...

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Anything is possible man

Regardless of how big or small your school is or whatever you're told

As long as you work hard you can reach your goal :D]

Oh and Welcome to BoS :D

matchalolz

HSC
if there are only a small number of people trying to achieve a good atar, then your competition should be reduced already and if you work hard enough and do well, i'm sure you can achieve your goal :) it's definitely possible

iStudent

HSC
That could be a good thing as your competition is reduced. Honestly, it doesn't matter that much what school you're in because you should be getting around the same ATAR in any school. Good luck :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
There are 36 people in my entire year group and only about 8 of us are actually trying to get a good ATAR.
My teacher told me that the number of students in a class affects the scaling/ final mark?
Is it possible for more than 10 students to reach an ATAR above the 90's ? From previous years only about 2-5 students got 90's+ and I fear that my ranking isn't high enough to achieve this...

You are still in year 11...
Does your school ranking fluctuate a bit?

Yes, it is possible for more then 10 students to reach an ATAR above 90...

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Three piece of advice
1)Don't believe in and worry about unsubstantiated rumours
2)Don't compare with other students
3)Focus on improving your own results and persevere towards achieving your aspirations/goals:)

mailcarrier

HSC
Hey guys
Thanks for replying to my post, they all boosted my confidence again :)

enoilgam

HSC
As I have said many times on BoS, the biggest determinant of a students ATAR is the student themselves. Your cohort can have an impact on your performance, but ultimately, if you put in the work then you can easily overcome any disadvantage posed by your cohort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)