Small Talk and Idle Chatter (1 Viewer)

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
We all need it to get like to get into great conversations with friends and strangers, so what we need is some conversations starters~~ It's just that we all tend to use the same ones all the time (weather, media etc.).

What do you think is the best way to spark some decent conversation, with both strangers and friends?

Discuss.

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Heresy grows from idleness.

*chainsword*

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
do you know where this building is?

two hours later we were still talking and she had missed her lecture... and never found the building. lol

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
yeah asking questions is good, but to me a conversation that is forced just generates awkwardness for anyone involved. I'd rather just make a passing comment about something that had just caught my interest or begin spouting some really cool tidbit/anecdote.

forks

HSC
Usually it would be about music or like TV or something, nothing wrong withtalking about the weather or slipping in a good joke!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
make an observation or a question about them, something that shows you are interesting and pay attention. Easy marks: interesting jewellery, tattoos.

oh hi, i noticed you have a butterfly caught in your hair, do you want me to get it out? = butterfly hairpiece.

easy opener, talk about any bullshit now, class, how you recently learned that people with butterfly jewellery are unstable, whatever lol

HalcyonSky

HSC
also try being decent looking so theyre not just like "umm okay" and walk off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)