Smallville (US airings) - SPOILERS (2 Viewers)

HSC
bobness said:
i like your av :eek:
Thank yah :)

But see they can't kill of Lana because she's alive and well in the comics.
Yeah, that's the only reason she's on the show, because they're not allowed to kill her off. If they had it their way, the show would be called Chloeville: The woman behind Superman. I mean, she basically is Clark's brain. I never had a problem with Chloe until they began glorifying her. She's the real hero of this show DUH ;)

persephone

HSC
Yeah, season 5 was a really Chloe-centric season. But when that usually happens, when the character has no where to go because they're already at the top then the only place to go is down. So I'm picturing a big Chloe downfall for season 6. But that's probably not going to happen ... It can also be argued that previous to season 5 Smallville was quite Lana-centric. But anyway, in other news, apparently on DeKnight's blog he revealed that he was writing the season 6 premiere, which should be interesting. I really like when Al and Miles write, because (even though it doesn't show) they know what they want to see and stuff. It will be interesting. *checks back to see DeKnight's credits - Mortal, Ageless, Thirst* Well .... no Clois for me then .... ;)

HSC
DeKnight seems like a Chloe lover. I doubt Chloe will be going downhill anytime soon. You see, her character doesn't have limitations when it comes to her glorification. She's always just me!me!me! Besides, with the Chlark-loving going on in that blog...

Also, DeKnight is sort uh...how do I put this nicely...not the brightest of people? He said himself something about not wanting people to sue him for stealing their ideas, yet he's asking for them on his blog.

I don't really care. I'm expecting the S6 premiere to suck to be honest.

In regards to previous seasons being Lana-centric, it's better than being Chloe-centric. Why? Because Lana is one of the "big three", she's part of the mythos. She's meant to have more screen time. And even when it was supposedly Lana-centric, there's no way Lana was as SUPER ME! as Chloe.

Next season's opening credits to the background music of "Save Me": Starring ALLISON MACK!!! Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance...oh and Kristin Kreuk.

persephone

HSC
That's what annoys me too. That Chloe isn't part of the mythos, not in the DC world, she doesn't exist there yet she gets this huge role. I find it really funny though that in season 4 when Jensen Ackles was in the credits Allison was relegated behind Jensen. You'd think the credits would reflect some sort levels of importance but alas ... no.

HSC
persephone said:
That's what annoys me too. That Chloe isn't part of the mythos, not in the DC world, she doesn't exist there yet she gets this huge role. I find it really funny though that in season 4 when Jensen Ackles was in the credits Allison was relegated behind Jensen. You'd think the credits would reflect some sort levels of importance but alas ... no.
I think it's coz after the "big three" (aka Tom, Rosenbaum, Kristin), they categorise in alphabetical order. So A comes before M, thus Jensen was put before Allison. I'm not entirely sure, but I vaguely remember someone saying something like that a while ago.

But I think they should categorise in terms of importance. It would make more sense. But then that way, Allison Mack will definitely be before Tom Welling next season, because ya know...she's the most important in the show and all!! I'm surprised she's not on the cover of the S5 DVD's.

persephone

HSC
I don't remember the season 1-3 credits so I don't know where Sam Jones III came. Alphabetical order would make sense but credits usually go in order of importance I think. Except for the more experienced people like Schneider and O'Toole.

I'm surprised she's not on the cover of the S5 DVD's.
Someone on another forum said the same thing ... she was surprised that the cover of the DVDs wasn't "Super-Chloe"

HSC
persephone said:
I don't remember the season 1-3 credits so I don't know where Sam Jones III came. Alphabetical order would make sense but credits usually go in order of importance I think. Except for the more experienced people like Schneider and O'Toole.
I just checked and S3 credits went Tom, Kristin, Michael, Sam Jones III, Allison Mack, John Glover, Annette O'Toole, John Schneider.

So it is done in terms of importance, but alphabetically if that makes any sense.

persephone said:
Someone on another forum said the same thing ... she was surprised that the cover of the DVDs wasn't "Super-Chloe"
I think a lot of people are getting the Super-Chloe vibe. The Chlarkers probably just don't notice because they encourage it. Chloe should just have her own show, oh wait Smallville is her show *doh*.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
we need a chlark shipper here just to enliven the controversy

how does one pronounce 'chlark' anyway? isn't it just 'chlark'? idiot shippers :p

HSC
bobness said:
we need a chlark shipper here just to enliven the controversy

how does one pronounce 'chlark' anyway? isn't it just 'chlark'? idiot shippers :p
Ahaha...yeah the pronunciation is just "Clark"... probably coz if that relationship got romantic it would be so one-sided with Chloe pining for Clark.

Not sure it's a wise idea to add a Chlarker to the mix
Some shippers can get pretty hostile from what I've seen. I know some Chlarkers dislike Kristin simply because she plays Lana. Now that's unfair. I love Allison Mack, I think she seems like a sweet person, same goes for Erica Durance. All three of the girls sound like really nice people. I just don't see the need to badmouth any of them because they're given a dodgy script to work with.

But I'll admit Kristin stands out for me, but I'm biased
That girl is all sorts of perfect. Best part is she doesn't even know it.

persephone

HSC
Chlark is just like Clark? I've been pronouncing the "H" .... well you learn something new everyday.

I don't like when shippers can't separate the character from the actor ... Some people hate on the actor because they don't like the character, which I think is just wrong and disrespectful.

I'm all for Erica Durance. :)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
zomg i just watched the final ep where chloe kisses clark

hated it :(

HSC
bobness said:
zomg i just watched the final ep where chloe kisses clark

hated it :(
I knew you weren't a Chlark shipper :p ;) I didn't really care for the kiss because it was so brother/sister-like.

Anyway, anyone seen Superman Returns? Although I was disappointed, it was definitely better than Smallville. Plus Brandon Routh is sexy. I'm going to buy the DVD of this movie just for his face.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
sweetsweetcandy said:
I knew you weren't a Chlark shipper :p ;) I didn't really care for the kiss because it was so brother/sister-like.

Anyway, anyone seen Superman Returns? Although I was disappointed, it was definitely better than Smallville. Plus Brandon Routh is sexy. I'm going to buy the DVD of this movie just for his face.
clark returned it? and yes BUT when do brother and sisters ever kiss? in that case would you like to be my 'sister' ;) ?

otherwise last episode was pretty stupid because lana was so resolute in defending her man also. pfft 'i have awesome super powers and you could be in danger .. what are you going to do?'... "um i think i'll stand by my new man" :eek:

i have a feeling about season 7. i'll let the lexana fans have half a season or so of their delusions.

persephone

HSC
I so knew you weren't a Chlarker!!! That kiss grossed me out too. Really gross. When I'm on SV forums they have the pic of the kiss in their sig and I really have to avert my eyes.

Brandon Routh is just too gorgeous!

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
hey guys, im currently downloading eps 1 and 2 of season 6.

for those of you who have watched em already, what did you think?

hopefully by this time tomorrow they will have finished and i'll have watched them both!

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Thanks for bumping the thread SiZmOs, I couldn't find it. I've only seen the first ep, and hopefully I can get the second episode tonight. I liked the premiere. I thought it was good, but a bit rushed with the whole Zod plotline. The episode picks up exactly where it left off and the whole plot they had with Zod was sorted that same day. But I guess they did the same thing last season too.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
HEY SIZMOS.. my fellow smallville fan !
and hey everyon else ! nice to me you.. im kristine.. u can call me stine or kris for short.. anyways...

im glad smallville has returned !
man.. i cant believe lana is still with lex.. seriously !

who the hell is the guy with the bow and arrow.. ? like wth ! lol

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
That was Oliver Queen a.k.a Green Arrow. He's a character in the original DC comics. Justin Hartley is so hot, hehehe. So is Aaron ashmore. I am loving the eye-candy on this show :D. And lana... grrr she annoys me so much.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
kate_is_me said:
That was Oliver Queen a.k.a Green Arrow. He's a character in the original DC comics. Justin Hartley is so hot, hehehe. So is Aaron ashmore. I am loving the eye-candy on this show :D. And lana... grrr she annoys me so much.
oh kool.. thanks !

lana.. she is seriously annoying me.. i havent got ep 3 yet.. ill try tonight...

yeahh... aaron ashmore.. ! i thought he was the guy from xmen.. except he has a twin brother.. so thats not him.. thats shawn ashmore..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)