Smallville (US airings) - SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Clark's aversion to hurting people is starting to get a bit too unrealistic. Chloe gets kidnapped, Clark has to know it is Lex, yet he doesn't even confront him. I don't care what your morals are, if someone kidnaps your best friend and does tests on them you have to kill that person. Much more of this bullshit and I definitely will stop watching this show.

persephone

HSC
I didn't watch Trespass or Freak. It didn't have Lois in it ...

And apparently Chloe is a ...
meteor freak? I still think Lana should be a meteor freak because she wore that kryptonite necklace for years. And I still think Lana is prejudiced against meteor freaks, but I didn't watch Freak so I don't know her stance on them at the moment ...

Clark is just way way off where any characterisastion of Clark Kent should be.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Haven't gotten around to watching Freak just yet. Probably tomorrow.... So many shows to watch, no time to do it!!

EDIT: Just watched Freak... Not too sure what to think - it was alright, but as iamsickofyear12 said, Clark didn't confront Lex, which was annoying. Poor Chloe - I wonder what her ability will be? She looked gorgeous tonight, by the way.

And persephone -
Lana tried to protect Clark again, as she was under the impression he was a meteor freak. He thanked her, but said he wasn't one. Then she said, even if he was, he'd still be Clark Kent.

Do we know anything about Promise yet? I've heard that it's to do with the wedding...?

Last edited:

persephone

HSC
Honestly, I still maintain that Lana still has some prejudices against meteor freaks. I suppose her being understanding of Clark being a meteor freak, if he was one, shows that she'd put her prejudices aside for friends. But still, I think she'd be somewhat prejudiced against them. Many of them have tried to kill her.

Yeah, Promise, has a wedding. I think it aired today or yesterday in the US. I don't care for Lexana ... if you watch it tell me what happens.

And seriously, Lana must be a meteor freak, kryptonite around her neck for years!

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
persephone said:
And seriously, Lana must be a meteor freak, kryptonite around her neck for years!
It should be interesting to see whether you're correct with that theory or not.

Finally, the next episode is aired tonight!! It seems like so long since I've watched an episode of Smallville!

johnnypaul

HSC
smallville is rubish, dont really see why lana is in the show considering clark gets with lois. tom welling is a shit actor. only good actor on the show is Michael Rosenbaum.

btw Batman > Superman

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
You're rubbish.

It's funny that people come in here and abuse shows they don't like, for no reason. Lana is in the show because the show is called Smallville, not Metropolis. Clark's (and Superman's for that matter) was in Smallville.
I agree that Tom Welling sucks, and that Michael is the best actor on the show.

Oh, and anyone can beat Superman with a Kryptonite glove.

You're a tosser. Finish High School then come talk.

johnnypaul

HSC
[FONT=&quot]Obviously [/FONT] from your comments you know shit all about Clark Kent/Superman, beside from the movies and Smallville.

If you've read any comics relating to the origins of Superman, for example Superman: Birthright you would know that Clark was never fully obsessed Lana.

Furthermore anyone with a kryptonite glove can beat superman? lol try Doomsday.

So before u come out and call me a tosser, look in the mirror and QQ more.

Last edited:

persephone

HSC
Smallville has never been good with sticking to comic canon. Possibly because the creators, Al Gough and Miles Millar (one of them or both, I forget) aren't really comic book fans. Although they would know the basics, they know the main players and stuff but other than that it deviates so far from the comics.

Chloe is the real comic book Lana, I feel. And Lana is just some sort of mutated character.

So did anyone watch Promise? From what I've read, it's not that great.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
johnnypaul said:
[FONT=&quot]Obviously [/FONT] from your comments you know shit all about Clark Kent/Superman, beside from the movies and Smallville.

If you've read any comics relating to the origins of Superman, for example Superman: Birthright you would know that Clark was never fully obsessed Lana.

Furthermore anyone with a kryptonite glove can beat superman? lol try Doomsday.

So before u come out and call me a tosser, look in the mirror and QQ more.
Lol, you make me laugh.
I've read birthright. Several times - it's a favourite. I know that Clark was never obsessed with Lana, but the show needs some grounds to run on, doesn't it? And as my good friend Persephone has pointed out, the show never set out to follow the comic books exactly - what television show does?
And I didn't say that only someone with a Krypto-glove could beat Supes - I know that Doomsday did his damage, several times. As has Imperiex and the Cyborg. Don't think I don't know - I'm just saying, if you pick out all the little things wrong with the show then you obviously can't enjoy it.

EDIT: Oh, and I've downloaded Promise, but won't get a chance to watch it 'till at least Tuesday, sorry Persephone. I'll let you know how I found it when I watch it.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Watched Promise last night. Wasn't bad - good character development, but the typical Clark-Lana stuff.

Next episode, Combat should be better:
Clark and Chloe find an escaped Zoner named Titan who is the star of a secret fight club that puts its death battles on the internet. Lois can tell that there is a story and goes to investigate, where she is put in the ring to fight. Clark goes in as a super-powered fighter to take on Titan but ends up against a different opponent instead.
- tv.com​
Looking forward to it.

persephone

HSC
I was slightly disappointed in Combat. Very little Lois. Lois with nothing to do. And what was up with Clark? Maybe I needed to watch Promise to get into Clark's headspace. The tail end of the season looks to be really good for Lois, charcter wise.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Progeny airs on Thursday, 19th April.

tv.com said:
Lex discovers that Chloe's mother has special abilities; He forces her to help him in exchange for Chloe's life.
Don't know what to expect with this one.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Watched Progeny.

Wonder Woman!

Apart from that, I'm wanting to know what Chloe's ability is. Looks like I'll have to wait 'till Phantom, the last episode of the season, but I have an inkling as to what it may be...

Stupid Lana. She wan't even pregnant at all! Should be interesting to see where that goes...

Haven't watched Nemesis, yet. Hopefully within the next few days. Not entirely looking forward to Noir, though. Seems like a typical Smallville filler episode.

Persephone, where are you up to, or have you continued to skip episodes here and there?

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
i watched noir yesterday
that was CHATTTY !
i was so pissed off. lol
its such a shame too
since it was the 20th ep

today i watched prototype
that was OK
man.. last good ep i remember watching was the justice league one !
oh wait. the wedding ep was good too

hey sizmos.. whats do you think chloes power is ?
i have no idea :S

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
So I'm guessing everyone's seen the season finale by now? It's been a few weeks. I'll spoiler my thoughts anyway, just in case.

So exactly what is Chloe's power?? Self-sacrifice? Or maybe she can bring people back from the dead, it just takes a lot out of her and that's why she seems dead. As for Lois, what an idiotic thing to do, pulling out that knife. The General's daughter doesn't know basic first aid? And Lana probably isn't dead. I got all excited when her car blew up, but then saw that Kristin Kruek is on the cast for next season, so I'm guessing she probably faked her own death. That truck thing that blocked Lionel's view probably picked her up *sigh*. It got my hopes up again that Lana was going to get killed off. And... what else happened? Oh yeah, the Clark thing. The appearance of Bizarro. Eh, I don't know. This finale just didn't seem that great to me.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I too was disappointed slightly with the finale... I think Chloe's power will be revealed in the first episode of sesaon 7. It's obviously one of those.

Bizzaro... Hmm, not exactly sure if I like his appearance, but still should be interesting to see where they go with his character.

Oh well, another long wait 'till season 7!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)