Smoking in the senior girls toilets... (1 Viewer)

Aimz- Lou.

Hi. I am part of my school's SRC, and we are trying to do something to prevent people smoking in the toilets. What do your schools do to prevent this problem?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Aimee05 said:
Hi. I am part of my school's SRC, and we are trying to do something to prevent people smoking in the toilets. What do your schools do to prevent this problem?
im fairly sure how school makes the female teachers wander in to the toilets all the time and make sure there is no-one in there doing anything naughty

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ yes the above works well, as well as having harsh punishments for those that get caught and educating people about the dangers of smoking ( as cliched as it sounds)

P

pLuvia

like, theres no actual way of stopping people from smoking in the toilet, i mean it is not as if some teacher is going to spend his/her lunch times etc patrolling the toilet UNLESS u put cameras which is a big waste~

nwatts

HSC
Put smoke alarms up, as someone said, and don't tell anyone. Just put them somewhere inconspicuous; paint them if you need to.

Even if you don't tell the teachers, it'd be hilarious to watch the faces of the smokers when the alarm goes off.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
It's junior girls who smoke in the toilets in our school.

I just want to pull their hair out.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
smoke alarms sounds like the most effective way, just make sure the only way to switch them off is from the office or teacher staffroom.

nwatts

HSC
Jago said:
smoke alarms sounds like the most effective way, just make sure the only way to switch them off is from the office or teacher staffroom.
I'm not sure i've ever heard of smoke alarms that fuction like that. So you could get the school behind you cause! I call a class project for senior science students!

nwatts

HSC
Haha.. oh that's gold. How the hell can 13-14yr olds do so much damage?

And locking the toilets? That's such a dumb, and potentially very messy, idea.

nwatts

HSC
So those students caught up in the situation just had to shit on the lawn?

I mean, it's effective. Just slightly inhumane. Be lucky Ray and his ACA team didn't catch you all. :p

nwatts

HSC
Argonaut said:
No, they just had to wait until they got home.

And we had ways of dealing with Ray. Admittedly, mine were a little more extreme than the others (we were going to skin him alive and hang him out to scare off other journos, but then we figured we might be going a bit too far).
Haha.. too far you say?

I say it's perfect.

Mind you, I'd miss out on my comedy fill at 7pm each night.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Well...my school has tried many ways of preventing smoking in the toilets and I think they are fresh out.
Firstly, we have 4 sets of toilets. Only 2 are ever open (stupid school). The main block is where the majority of smoking and vandalism takes place. The first method of prevention was the installation of smoke detectors...this failed miserably as the girls (its only girls that smoke in the toilets at school) discovered them and destroyed them.
The next method was to lock the toilets during class time. I think this was more a method of prevention for vandalism...didnt work though as there were complaints about students taking to long to go to the office to get the key to get into the toilets then having to walk all the way back to the office to give the key back.
The second block of toilets that is usually open is the senior toilets. They were opened all day as nothing ever went wrong in there. When they started to lock the junior toilets, the juniors started coming into those toilets instead as it was faster for them. Slowly (at lunchtimes) you could start to smell the smoke and it was junior girls...this got the toilets locked up all day. There has been a small amount of vandalism in those toilets...(everyone knows who it was...). If any senior wishes to use these toilets, they must collect the key (aptly named the 'Pee Key') from the closest staffroom (about 10m away).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)