SNAKES ON A PLANE, bitches! (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Haha, imdb.com even did a writeup on it. :p

Jackson's Snake Film Creates Huge Buzz
Samuel L. Jackson's new mile-high thriller Snakes On A Plane has created such a buzz among internet film fans, movie bosses have called for re-shoots - to give the film a tougher rating. The film, which stars Jackson as an FBI agent trying to keep a federal witness alive onboard a plane full of snakes, wrapped last September - but went back before the cameras earlier this month for five days of additional shooting. Film bosses at distributor New Line Cinema opted to add new scenes to the film to take the movie from PG-13 into R-rated territory, according to industry magazine The Hollywood Reporter. They claim the second round of filming became necessary after intense and growing fan interest in the film, which is scheduled to be released this summer. Among the reported additions to the film is a foul-mouthed rant from Jackson in which his agent character bellows, "I want these motherf**king snakes off the motherf**king plane!" The line is expected to take on cult status. The film-makers have reportedly added more gore, more deaths, more nudity and more snakes to the finished product.

I just love that last line. "...and more snakes" :D

icecreamdisco

HSC
omg, this comes out next week! i practically forgot.

71% on RT at the moment with 14 reviews, not bad.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I will be wearing my Snakes on a Plane t-shirt to the premier :D 71% huh? That's really unexpectedly high.. disappointingly so almost.

walrusbear

HSC
good lord that crept up!

this year has been kinda slow for movies, good stuff

helmut

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
apparently jackson didn't even read through the script upon deciding whether he should accept the role or not - he just read the title and wanted IN.
well who WOULDN'T want in on a film with a title like snakes on a plane.

i mean think about it
how CRAZY is it
that there are SNAKES on a PLANE
it's like the snakes are flying!!!

payafee

HSC
Samuel L. Jackson at the 2006 MTV Movie Awards:

"I'm here tonight to present the award everyone's been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I'll be winning it for Snakes on a Plane. Now I know, I know that sounds cocky, but I don't give a damn. I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The New James Bond... no snakes in that! Ocean's 13... where my snakes at? Shrek the Third... green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo' Motha-fuckin' Snakes on Mo' Motha-fuckin' Planes."

nwatts

HSC
payafee said:
Samuel L. Jackson at the 2006 MTV Movie Awards:

"I'm here tonight to present the award everyone's been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I'll be winning it for Snakes on a Plane. Now I know, I know that sounds cocky, but I don't give a damn. I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The New James Bond... no snakes in that! Ocean's 13... where my snakes at? Shrek the Third... green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo' Motha-fuckin' Snakes on Mo' Motha-fuckin' Planes."
did he seriously say that?

if so i've just found my new hero.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
^^ yes he most certainly did, lol, he is a champ - i only like arrogance when it's totally deserved, and on SLJ, he's worth it!!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
This movie has taken on a life of its own in America (bigger than Blair Witch), even before the release date.

www.snakesonablog.com

People have even made fake audition tapes for the movie.

There's no way it won't be huge...

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
SLJ has made a phenomonon out of this on the intranet. He knows the geek community is thriving with people willing to latch out onto anything that looks remotely funny.

Snakes that Abstain!

helmut

HSC
i bumped into a friend on the train the other day and we were talking about planes for some reason and then she asks me if i've heard about the "snakes on a plane" movie

we ended up talking about the movie for an entire hour on the way home.
not sure how
we're now so excited for when it comes out on dvd so we can sit in front of the tv get pissed and laugh at the fact that THERE ARE SNAKES... ON A PLANE!!!

Lori.

HSC
I just saw this movie, it is funny as! because its stupid LOL
Bad story, bad acting, bad airplane jargon, bad bad bad...

I'll do my best to convince all of my customers not to see it tomorrow ;) evil plans lol

Lori.

HSC
would this be an entire male audience clapping during the various toilet-scenes??

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
GJV said:
I just saw this movie, it is funny as! because its stupid LOL
Bad story, bad acting, bad airplane jargon, bad bad bad...

I'll do my best to convince all of my customers not to see it tomorrow ;) evil plans lol
But in a way it would have been dissapointing if it was really good. The movie studio behind it were $mart in encouraging the buzz about it on the net (myspace et al.) and releasing a punk/emo soundtrack to match.

G

Gavvvvvin

You'd have to be mentally retarded to find anything in this movie the slightest bit entertaining.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Everyone needs to snakes on a plane right about now. Snakes on a plane, mo'fucka. Snakes on a plane....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)