Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bone Thugz (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
My top 5:

1) Tupac
2) Brother Ali
3) Immortal Tech.
4) SPM

Actually, since more recently Eminem has dropped from my number 5, and I'm replacing him with Ice Cube (he hasn't slowed down)

5) Ice Cube

Also, Warren G would be 6th if the list went that long.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
sam04u said:
I'm pretty well rounded when it comes to my music tastes... (I'm listening to Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, after listening to Elvis, and South Park Mexican. This thread also reminded me of a certain death metal song involving War Cries, Valhalla, and Thor which I plan on listening too next) I think I've got to credentials to make an assessment on Rap music.

I've got to say Rap is actually quite good. Infact there are countless examples of good Rap music.

:)

pinoying

HSC
awesome. didnt miss out.
gonna be great to see bone thugs with all members back together

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yep. lined up outside of enmore at 8: 50. was one old man in front of me who bought 3 tickets (obvious scalper) but the girl at the counter was nice and she basically served 2 people at a time, so she reserved my tickets also while she was taking care of the old mans tickets.

2 x 'da chronic' tickets front GA dancefloor :D:D:D:D:D

going with zimmerman8k :shy:

also just checked on the ticketek website, 'da chronic' section is completely sold out.

rest is still available

pinoying

HSC
yep. super glad i scored 'da chronic' section. heaps lucky too. I woke up and looked at the clock... 8:56!!! ran to the computer and got it in time. YAY

paddlepoplion1

HSC
i met snoop hes heaps cool, he told me i was a fly girl and i told him he was my homie dawg, we spent a beautiful night together in the carribean :rofl:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
yep. lined up outside of enmore at 8: 50. was one old man in front of me who bought 3 tickets (obvious scalper) but the girl at the counter was nice and she basically served 2 people at a time, so she reserved my tickets also while she was taking care of the old mans tickets.

2 x 'da chronic' tickets front GA dancefloor :D:D:D:D:D

going with zimmerman8k :shy:

also just checked on the ticketek website, 'da chronic' section is completely sold out.

rest is still available
sif not get me a ticket..

hate you for eternity :(

edit: going to be like cypress hill all over again lol.

wonder how many teenyboppers will pass out from all the hydro smoookeeeeee

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
no more GA da chronic NOOOOOOOOO

i need a fucking credit card
i can't buy ANY tickets.
this is shit shit shit

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
nice straw man dude. do you even know what context means you ignorant little fuck? ...I meant the artists context, what they see, what they feel, how they grew up, what happens around them.

"Artists such as Snoop Dog and Ice Cube convey the idea of promoting weed and are doing their best to maintain a 'cool' image to those gullable to believe it" - Oh awesome, let's take a couple of RADIO SINGLES and define artists based on them, ha, whatever, get fucked.

and do yourself a favour and read this excerpt from the wikipedia article about one of ice cube's classic albums:

AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted is rapper Ice Cube's influential[1] debut solo album, released after his acrimonious split from his former group N.W.A. It was originally released on May 16, 1990. Primarily produced by The Bomb Squad (Public Enemy's production team), the album was an unexpectedly large critical and commercial success, and remains one of the defining hip hop albums of the 1990s era. Ice Cube's social, and political commentary, which was delivered in an incisive manner, has influenced numerous rappers since, particularly in the gangsta rap and political rap subgenres. The album cemented Cube's reputation as a gifted lyricist, and introduced him as a highly literate scribe on the hardships of life in South Central, Los Angeles, as well as an outspoken critic of the American Justice System, and race relations in the United States.

WHY ARE MUSIC FANS SO FUCKING SHIT, in general that is.
You are starting to sound like Michael Jackson calling me ignorant all the time!
I am not ignorant at all, I never ignored rap music one bit, I just made an assessment on the style using technical terms that you have been unable to justify. I do know what context means and if those artists have had hardships there are other/better ways to express that. Poetry or another style of music. Not by using computer generated music and rhyming to it. I just don't like the fact that they are using 1/10th of the talent that other bands would have to have to create hit songs. Yet, this rap genre is gaining boat loads of money!

Wow, a wikipedia article! My god the most reliable source ever! /sarcasm.
This article can be written by anyone in the world! Chances are it was made by an Ice Cube mark anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)