• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so did everyone made some friends yet? (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
im scared to leave my stuff in the library coz it might get stolen...shud i really b worried bout that, or is the theft minimal at maq...i also give ppl benefit of doubt assuming theyve gone to the toilet or find more books, hoping they havent gone to a lecture and just left there stuff there...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
im scared to leave my stuff in the library coz it might get stolen...shud i really b worried bout that, or is the theft minimal at maq...i also give ppl benefit of doubt assuming theyve gone to the toilet or find more books, hoping they havent gone to a lecture and just left there stuff there...
Unlike high school its pretty safe to leave stuff there, unless you leave like a 900 dollar watch lying in plain sight. Most people wouldnt go through bags, too many witnesses especially in the library and cameras are everywhere anyway.

If you still feel uncomfortable, leave your books, and take anything else worth of value if you need to leave for a while.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
If you still feel uncomfortable, leave your books, and take anything else worth of value if you need to leave for a while.
Leave your books so the librarians can come pick them up and stack them back on the shelves.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
why even leave your things unattended anyways? why not take it with you...

i really hate those people who leave their stuff on the tables and arn't there!

thats it.. during next week when i'm in the library and walking around, if there are any unattended tables, i'm gonna push their stuff on the ground!

X

xeuyrawp

jlh said:
i really hate those people who leave their stuff on the tables and arn't there!

thats it.. during next week when i'm in the library and walking around, if there are any unattended tables, i'm gonna push their stuff on the ground!
yeh, but push them on the ground away from you, so they forget where they were sitting and don't think it was you:)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
no i dont leave them unattended for hours im not one of those ppl, but like if i have to go to the toilet or look for a book (which can take ages) then im forced to leave them there...neways the probability that my stuff gets stolen is pretty low i guess coz i dont think ne1 wants actuarial/stat crap...its not like i leave valuables behind...my intial concern was with ppl going thru my bag but now i realise theres actually cameras and witnesses thanks to asylum :)

Last edited:

swisstruffles

HSC
its funny, practically every1 there leaves their stuf on the tables..i think the only way to stop it is to make a sign saying if ur stuf is there unattended for more than 10mins long enough to do wat u gotta do in the toilet), its confiscated and someone else has the right to remove it and take their place.
but hey, i hardly study at the lib. cos its so distracting, ppl walking about..

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
jlh said:
Lets start a rebel group.

^___^
HSC
swisstruffles said:
its funny, practically every1 there leaves their stuf on the tables..i think the only way to stop it is to make a sign saying if ur stuf is there unattended for more than 10mins long enough to do wat u gotta do in the toilet), its confiscated and someone else has the right to remove it and take their place.
but hey, i hardly study at the lib. cos its so distracting, ppl walking about..
thats what those signs reads( well only for study room )
that if the stuff is left unattended for more than 10minutes, the library has the right to take your stuff away

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
... said:
thats what those signs reads( well only for study room )
that if the stuff is left unattended for more than 10minutes, the library has the right to take your stuff away
They use to have the same signs on tables but people just tore them off and ignored it. Plus who is stupid enough to stand next to a table waiting 10minutes to see if anyone is using it and THEN remove the stuff. The library does jack all to prevent this.

Macquarie University Election
- For one member of the University Council.

MA, Victor says:
Hello Everyone!
I'm Victor!

If elected, I inted to fight FOR:
- MORE STUDY SPACES IN THE LIBRARY (Can you find a space?)

....Let me speak for you!

All hail Victor Ma

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
bscienceboi said:
They use to have the same signs on tables but people just tore them off and ignored it. Plus who is stupid enough to stand next to a table waiting 10minutes to see if anyone is using it and THEN remove the stuff. The library does jack all to prevent this.

Macquarie University Election
- For one member of the University Council.

MA, Victor says:
Hello Everyone!
I'm Victor!

If elected, I inted to fight FOR:
- MORE STUDY SPACES IN THE LIBRARY (Can you find a space?)

....Let me speak for you!

All hail Victor Ma
uh isn't he the corrupt one?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, lets vote him out >:D someone should have run haha

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
dammit i just chucked that shit out.

look for these 3 curries. ram malhotra, this chick and abisheik naik. and also who proposed and seconded them :p

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
look for these 3 curries. ram malhotra, this chick and abisheik naik. and also who proposed and seconded them :p
and?......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)