• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So how smart are selective school students nowadays? (2 Viewers)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Will do when I see him and if I remember. Also, what boys? Pretty much everyone hates him/makes fun of him.
Haha shit, yeah people bag him out a little. He's a nice guy though :)

(awkward moment when he's browsing this thread, should stop talking about him lol)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
The only reason selective school kids do well is because of internal competition and the hard work/intelligence on the students part.

Most of their other facilities are average.

wildchild666

HSC
The only reason selective school kids do well is because of internal competition and the hard work/intelligence on the students part.

Yep. And teachers have the same qualifications as they do at any other public high school. It's just the competitive atmosphere that (usually) gets them to get decent marks.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
There are a few at Tech too.

Just because people smoke weed, it doesn't mean they're unintelligent.
Yeah sure, I never said that people who smoke weed are unintelligent. Sorry If I came across as trying to imply that. :)

wildchild666

HSC
Yeah sure, I never said that people who smoke weed are unintelligent. Sorry If I came across as trying to imply that. :)
I'm aware that you weren't implying it. I just thought I'd add it since the topic is about how smart selective students are. :)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
I'm aware that you weren't implying it. I just thought I'd add it since the topic is about how smart selective students are. :)
I've heard that Tech has a lot of Wogs/Greeks/Mediterraneans/Middle-Eastern kids compared to most other selectives.. but don't quote me, just what I've been told..

michaeljennings

HSC

+1

In Year 11, we had some kids from Epping Boys join our school. 1 of them ended up leaving after like a few terms because he didnt like it at Baulkham Hills and all of them said that the teachers at Epping Boys were a lot more dedicated and generally better teachers than the ones at Baulkham Hills

wildchild666

HSC
I've heard that Tech has a lot of Wogs/Greeks/Mediterraneans/Middle-Eastern kids compared to most other selectives.. but don't quote me, just what I've been told..
Maybe so (I am one of them), but most of the grade is still Asian.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
+1

In Year 11, we had some kids from Epping Boys join our school. 1 of them ended up leaving after like a few terms because he didnt like it at Baulkham Hills and all of them said that the teachers at Epping Boys were a lot more dedicated and generally better teachers than the ones at Baulkham Hills
Haha my old school! :) That guy came 1st in all of his subjects and state ranked Modern and got 99.2 so it didn't affect him - not staying at Baulko. Although he came Dux internally, he didn't get Dux ATAR-wise because he didn't do 4 unit maths... LOL

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
Haha my old school! :) That guy came 1st in all of his subjects and state ranked Modern and got 99.2 so it didn't affect him - not staying at Baulko.
yeah lol, just shows you dont need to go to a selective school to do well. Good on him. Never talked to the guy but he seemed like a cool guy

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Selective schools have a wide range of people and because the system filters people from like the age of 12, the school alone is not the sole indicator of people's stengths.
Like at my selective school (top10) ATARs range from about 55-99.95 and there's always a kid who misses out on a university offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)