so..how was our first week of uni? (2 Viewers)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Yep, the thread name says it all. We post stuff about how our first week of uni is going..
allow me to start.
Today wasnt my first day, I actually start uni tomorrow, but nevertheless (being the nerd that I am), I went to uni one day early, met some noobies (that was fun and sorta awkward at the same time cos i think they think that im psycho, promise you guys, im not that crazy, its just cos i was excited) and i bought my textbooks, dayumm so expensive but its all good.
I took public transport to and from uni which was by far one of the most stupid decisions that i have made in a long time. Carrying 4 textbooks on public transport for 1 hour and 40 minutes without any seats being available on the train is not cool. On the way to uni, I had reached redfern station and absolutely no one moved for us redfernians to get off the stupid train.
Me: uhmm excuse me *shy face*
Passengers: :/
Me: UHM...excuse me
Passengers: :?
Me: SHIT, i said excuse me! this is my stop!
Passengers: oh oh, umm yeah sorry about that *slowly try to clear the obstacle course* (i.e. their bags and other shit that theyve got lying around on the goddamn ground of the train where people are supposed to be able to walk in and out of the train..i'd understand if they had their crap on the floor if the train wasnt that congested, but geez, these people were inconsiderate).

Well that was my first day guys, post, discuss and be merry :D

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Na, cant be bothered, its just a childish comment from Flying. Back to the thread though, tomorrow should be an interesting day at uni...i finally get to meet those students that im mentoring :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yep, the thread name says it all. We post stuff about how our first week of uni is going..
allow me to start.
Today wasnt my first day, I actually start uni tomorrow, but nevertheless (being the nerd that I am), I went to uni one day early, met some noobies (that was fun and sorta awkward at the same time cos i think they think that im psycho, promise you guys, im not that crazy, its just cos i was excited) and i bought my textbooks, dayumm so expensive but its all good.
I took public transport to and from uni which was by far one of the most stupid decisions that i have made in a long time. Carrying 4 textbooks on public transport for 1 hour and 40 minutes without any seats being available on the train is not cool. On the way to uni, I had reached redfern station and absolutely no one moved for us redfernians to get off the stupid train.
Me: uhmm excuse me *shy face*
Passengers: :/
Me: UHM...excuse me
Passengers: :?
Me: SHIT, i said excuse me! this is my stop!
Passengers: oh oh, umm yeah sorry about that *slowly try to clear the obstacle course* (i.e. their bags and other shit that theyve got lying around on the goddamn ground of the train where people are supposed to be able to walk in and out of the train..i'd understand if they had their crap on the floor if the train wasnt that congested, but geez, these people were inconsiderate).

Well that was my first day guys, post, discuss and be merry :D
i thought you went to uws?

swiftnissity

HSC
I started today :)

I got offered a free newspaper subscription and subscribed haha :D
I had a 2 hour lecture in EE.G.19 was kinda hard to find cause the room wasn't labeled properly (it has like EE.LG.27 on the door) so i was full freaking out i might be outside the wrong lecture hall :X oh it went from 12 midday to 2pm.

Anyway the lecture went alright...i think.
The room looked like it could hold around 200-300 people but we filled less then half of the room. Everyone was all spread out in previous friendship groups and all so the loners like me were pushed to the side. Like halfway through people started leaving and the lecturer made a comment to them. We ended up not having enough time and only got through about 3/4 of the lecture notes, all of which were put onto vUWS on Saturday so I'd read through them already.

Didn't get a chance to explore the stalls, was too hot so i just wanted to get home (Which was nearly a 2 hour trip cause of all the kids/teens stopping the bus).

Last edited:

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Went with the tour guide :D it was fun but hot, and class started late dafaq. anddddd still not vuws for that unit -.-

_MZ_FOL4U_676_

HSC
It was soo hot today @ uni but had several lectures in the ee.g.19 room which was good cos it had air con & all in all it was a pretty good day :D

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Hi there :) yeah EE.G.19 is awesome. Favourite lecture theatre on campus! It was nice meeting up with RookieLaw, he's a super nice dude :)

fariss

HSC
my first day was terrible as soon as i stepped into BAS.. especially when the lecturer said that there was a 50% fail rate.
goddamn.

M

MichelleV

Everybody in my lecture was like 40.

Funniest thing ever. I could have sworn i was in the wrong place.

I too was in EE.G.19 today :)

Who spilt their coffee on the floor? It's all stained now :p

M

MichelleV

my first day was terrible as soon as i stepped into BAS.. especially when the lecturer said that there was a 50% fail rate.
goddamn.
Hahah, she said that straight away to us too.
And then told us that if we are male students, doctors certs from gynaecologists are not acceptable as they actually call up to check if you submit reasons for handing something in late :p

muhahahahahaha

HSC
goddamn.

lol you have Nadine Campbell dont you? She's a good lecturer, shit gets weird later on in the semester though. I remember when I did BAS last year first sem, half way through the semester she started going on about how chocolate gave you the same feeling as being sexually satisfied (if you know what i mean)...she spoke about this for two weeks straight. I was like WTF? and i walked straight out of that lecture theatre, along with about 3/4 of the others that were attending :/ shit be crazy at uws lol. But overall, she's a good speaker, makes lectures fun and I think she's a solid lecturer. Yeah the 50% fail rate scared the crap out of me too, but trust me, BAS is an easy subject. Just do your assignments and homework, dont skip classes and you should be totally fine. The people who fail only do so because they slack off after thinking that bas is wayyy too easy or because youll find that half your class cant construct one proper sentence. yep.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Hahah, she said that straight away to us too.
And then told us that if we are male students, doctors certs from gynaecologists are not acceptable as they actually call up to check if you submit reasons for handing something in late :p
hahahahaha, yeah the good ole BAS days, I hope you guys get John Lodjewicks (i dont know how to spell his last name lol) for principles of economics, he is by far one of the best lecturers that I have had when I was at uni last year. Top bloke.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
goddamn.
Fuck, when they say that that probably means it is really like 70%.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah I do but I catch a train to Redfern then another train to parra then a bus to uni lol.
what what what

should've just come to unsw or something so it's closer!

oh well, how long is the commute?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)