SO - How'd the 04-erz do?? (1 Viewer)

Karlz04

HSC
Im happy but disappointed at the same time. I ended up with 43 (HSC mark 40, Ass mark 46). I didnt think I would get that high, yet because my Ass mark was high I was hoping I was just too strict on myself and my external mark would be high too. A band 6 would have made my year, lol. But Im still happy, its higher than I though I would get, what more can I ask for?!

Jezzabelle

29. and i know a lot of you guys read my work and liked it...

my internal was 40, i was ranked 1st.

i dunno why the markers hate me so much but it totally stuffed my uai and apparently i can't appeal to get it remarked

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I fucked it, 48 internally, but only 39 externally... I felt like crying, but then again, i started a new draft the weekend before it was due... i guess 39 is still good for that. so 43 overall.

Karlz04

HSC
jezzabelle86 said:

i dunno why the markers hate me so much but it totally stuffed my uai and apparently i can't appeal to get it remarked
How come? On the official letter thing I got from BOS with the results it says EE2 cn be rechecked for $12.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
glycerine said:
Well, I am happy (on one hand) and on the other hand I know if I'd tried harder I probably could've gotten the 50. I sort of waver up and down between being ectastic with the mark and wanting more. :p
I feel that way about Ext 1 Maths...it's a crap feeling really isn't it???

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Karlz04 said:
How come? On the official letter thing I got from BOS with the results it says EE2 cn be rechecked for $12.
Its just a clerical recheck I think, they dont actually remark the work, just check your marks are added up correctly

Jacks

HSC
no they won't remark the work itself...can you imagine if they were forced to read a stack of major works again...hehe...but my brother did it a few years back and it paid off for him...so for $12 it's not too out there for piece of mind...so long as people realise nothing may in fact come of it...I've said it before but if it makes you feel better go for it!

Jacks

HSC
Serpentia said:
49 exam mark

hsc mark of 47. assessment mark dragged me down.
I got the same mark overall last year! I think i got 45 external and 49 internal...so it was external that dragged me down a little. You should still be happy, great mark...congrats to all those who did well, and even to those of you who aren't happy congrats for choosing to undertake and for surviving EE2 2004

Karlz04

HSC
super katie said:
Its just a clerical recheck I think, they dont actually remark the work, just check your marks are added up correctly
Oh ok. I thought they would actually recheck it seeing as though its not like maths where there are heaps of marks to add up.

Karlz04

HSC
Jacks said:
I got the same mark overall last year! I think i got 45 external and 49 internal...so it was external that dragged me down a little. You should still be happy, great mark...congrats to all those who did well, and even to those of you who aren't happy congrats for choosing to undertake and for surviving EE2 2004
External dragged me down. I got 46 internal, 40 external! Apparently my story was nowhere near as good as the work that went into it, lol.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
glycerine said:
Well, I am happy (on one hand) and on the other hand I know if I'd tried harder I probably could've gotten the 50. I sort of waver up and down between being ectastic with the mark and wanting more. :p
i know how u feel. i'm absolutely fuckin stoked with my 49 external, but wishing i'd put in the research element in more cos i think that's where i lost the mark. saying i got 50 would be pretty cool.

J

jhakka

jezzabelle86 said:

I've tried to get around the "no remarking" system, but to no avail. I have applied for a recheck, but I figure I should cover all my options for my own peace of mind. Might as well go down fighting.

Jacks

HSC
I absolutely agree, if you can't lose marks the worst that can happen is your mark will stay the same. If this happens you will be no worse off, and even though you may not be any better off technically...at least you won't sit around for however long wondering whether you may have got a few marks had you bothered to apply for one. Good luck, don't stress too much if you don't get any more marks though...either way let us know how you do. :)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
From what I understand, markers just give a single mark... Thus, if you got more than 0 for Ex2, that means it was all added up correctly.

Karlz04

HSC
Jacks said:
I absolutely agree, if you can't lose marks the worst that can happen is your mark will stay the same. If this happens you will be no worse off, and even though you may not be any better off technically...at least you won't sit around for however long wondering whether you may have got a few marks had you bothered to apply for one. Good luck, don't stress too much if you don't get any more marks though...either way let us know how you do. :)
So there is no way the could deduct marks? If thats the case and theres nothing to lose I might apply for a recheck for one of my subjects.

Jacks

HSC
Yeah as far as I know you can't lose marks so with that in mind there really is nothing to lose except say $12 or something...but hey I don't think that's a big ask for peace of mind if you need it. ;)

Jacks

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
From what I understand, markers just give a single mark... Thus, if you got more than 0 for Ex2, that means it was all added up correctly.
I see what you're saying and that's pretty much how it works. Basically what happens if you do apply for a recheck you get some sort of letter of explanation as to why you were marked the way you were. My brother got one of those and it was pretty vague and on the whole not very helpful...but I think they can relook at your internal mark for the subject...I'm not entirely sure but I think my brother's external mark affected his internal, so when he got the recheck done he got more marks internally...though again, a vague letter about his actual major work. Oh wells a recheck mightn't really achieve much but I think we're really just talking about peace of mind for most people...and who knows really...they might get a letter of explanation that does in fact explain where they went wrong *shrugs*

Karlz04

HSC
Jacks said:
Yeah as far as I know you can't lose marks so with that in mind there really is nothing to lose except say $12 or something...but hey I don't think that's a big ask for peace of mind if you need it. ;)
Thanks heaps.

*rinney*

HSC
43 for external and 45 for assessment so :. 44/50
a bit annoyed i couldn't have got oooone more mark to get in band 6 but i'm still pretty happy considering i didn't think i'd even get over 40 cuz i thought i totally f*cked my assessments throughout the yr for 4 unit.

but hey, anything between 41 and 50 is the A Range i heard. right? :confused:

J

jhakka

Will_Sparky said:
Really? Don't they give a mark for each section (work and reflection statement)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)