SO - How'd the 04-erz do?? (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
gemita said:
I got 49 for both external and internal. Stoked. :)
Congrats, that's excellent...I'd be stoked too if that was me...I didn't do quite that well last year...but I was happy enough with 47 overall...I would have probably been jumping off the walls if I got 49...well done! ;)

Karlz04

HSC
Trigger189 said:
I know that....

And you two misunderstand me. It's not like he handed in the same film, in fact they're completely different. My point was that he's a great film maker, as indicated by a mark for another film he made.
I can understand what your saying. I still dont think they can be compared though. Art and English are so different. The art teacher would probably give him really good marks for the film he did for EE2. Art and English teachers are viewing it from totally different angles. Theyre looking for different things in the work. Thats my opinion anyway.

J

jhakka

Trigger189 said:
I know that....

And you two misunderstand me. It's not like he handed in the same film, in fact they're completely different. My point was that he's a great film maker, as indicated by a mark for another film he made.
I know exactly what you're saying, mate. But then again, most successful people (authors, film makers, etc) all have great failure stories. Matthew Reilly, for example, got rejected by all the major publishers in Sydney before self-publishing Contest and then blowing everyone away with Ice Station.

I figure, if I ever get published I'll just dedicate it to the Board of Studies. :)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Trigger189 said:
I know that....

I get what you're saying as well, but I guess it'd sort of be like submitting a video drama for drama and a film for EX2, or scripts. I don't know why though... I mean, a films a film and whether your doing art or ex2 you needed to study directors and filmic styles, maybe the dinosaurs in EX2 marking are alot more critical of film than the wankers in the art one? :p

Adam16

50/50 for exam mark and 49/50 for school mark. Very happy. It was a critical response about the ostensible satire in Gilbert and Sullivan musicals (like the Pirates of Penzance) that, in fact, creates an affirmation of the social status quo.

Adam16

Cheers mate. I think I missed out on showcase because the subject material I chose would only appeal to a limited audience. Still, doesn't matter in the end hey?

Karlz04

HSC
Jacks said:
well that sounds impressive...so I guess I can see in a line or two how you scored such good marks...good on you! :D
I agree. Congrats adammahoney.

mayhemily

HSC
I got 48/50. I am still in shock! I was the only person at my school to do it and I was expecting about mid 30's. Yay!!

persephone

HSC
i got 44/50 ... really wanted just one more mark but what can u do

HSC
N/A
Karlz04 said:
I wouldnt worry too much.
Darling, I'm paranoid and worry about everything (as all the IPR members will quite avidly testify). But thank you for your concern.

:p

Jacks

HSC
adammahoney said:
Cheers mate. I think I missed out on showcase because the subject material I chose would only appeal to a limited audience. Still, doesn't matter in the end hey?
hehe I'd say it definitely doesn't matter... :D too much pressure having everyone look at and criticise your work, i'd be quite content with the good mark and praise, and no one to contradict it :p I'm sure it is fantastic and so worth the mark you got, so I certainly wouldn't be dissatisfied..

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
The Beast That Shouted 'I' At The Heart Of The World

47 - internal
48 - external
hoooorah!​

Jacks

HSC
Well done!! you seem very pleased with yourself and rightly so of course...has anyone else heard back about their appeals to BOS? The wait with all these public holidays must be killing you guys...I'm so anxious for you, but we'll see how it goes. All the Best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)