So, I am shitting myself. (1 Viewer)

ccc123

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Whilst they should be proving it's plagiarised rather than you proving it's not, I'm pretty sure the school isn't interested in playing the Adversarial Legal System game.
True that not all schools will necessarily do what should, but can't the BOS enforce anything? The BOS says that "proven malpractice will result in a 0 mark for that assessment."

bassistx

HSC
risole91 said:
I also agree with you on Michael, he has no idea about anything- we go to school together.
DOH
May the grey-bearded man in the heavens help you.

bassistx

HSC
ccc123 said:
True that not all schools will necessarily do what should, but can't the BOS enforce anything? The BOS says that "proven malpractice will result in a 0 mark for that assessment."
That's the whole point.... PROVEN MALPRACTICE.
In other words, they prove he is wrong. They can't "take him to court" and make him prove he's right lol.

~kiki

HSC
risole91 said:
Yeah, i think its fair enough.
He is a HSC marker and has said that when marking some selective schools, he will read the same essay 20 times, and it will be perfect ( obviously written by a teacher or something ).

He cant mark them down because there all the same.

So he sayd just memorise a perfect written essay, and you have the ability to change the topic sentences ect to better suit the question.
that is such bullshit. if they find twenty identical essays, all twenty people will fail. I don't know where your teacher is coming from but he clearly isn't familiar with the hsc policies. Also, why would selective school students resort to memorising someone elses essay? They're smart remember? Smart enough to realise that if twenty people write the same essay in the hsc then they're screwed.

undalay

HSC
alot of people are accused of malpractice.
It's stupid.
When you've put in effort to get a decent result and people accuse you of malpractice, it insults your intelligence and ethics.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Rhanoct said:
So what happens if an E- student suddenly writes an A+ paper?
I'd been a C/D grade studnet at English all my life (that is, 14 would be the highest mark I'd get out of /20) but I remmber once I got 20/20 for the yearlies, no issue what so ever. I also remember during that 20/20 I had the most awesome idea ever and had flair, I guess maybe I was on drugs and dint know it, because it hasn't happened since =[

Kujah

HSC
N/A
undalay said:
alot of people are accused of malpractice.
It's stupid.
When you've put in effort to get a decent result and people accuse you of malpractice, it insults your intelligence and ethics.
fuck yeah.

ecd90

HSC
Make sure you tell us what happens with it!

calslut

Banned
HSC
yeah thanks guys, i'll let you know tomorrow

moz324

HSC
calslut said:
Today the head of english came up to me and said that we need to have a talk, we're having it tomorrow. Apparently something isn't right with my assessment tasks essay, they believe something is plagiarised.

I am shitting bricks because nothing is plagiarised, and if i can't prove it my mark is pretty much fucked. My introduction was moulded from an exemplar response and changed after my teacher (I handed it in 2 weeks before it was due to get an opinion) suggested I change it a bit more, I told her where I got it from etc.

Has anyone been in this situation? I'm worried as, because if I can't prove that it's all my own work, and it is, I spent two fucking weekends on it (it was seriously the most effort I have ever put into an assessment), I am up shit creek without a paddle.
i wouldnt worry bout it. coz ppl have had that b4. u just tell them dat it is ur own work. they have ways of telling whether it is plaigarised or not anyways. i wouldnt worry bout it. just tell them it was ur own work.

leon4u

HSC
relax ur sacks ye?

if u didnt plagiarise why are u scared 4?

seriously lol..

teacher says: u plagiarised
you say: show me where ive copied from?

simple as that

besides i never get caught =]

calslut

Banned
HSC
Well if she pulls something from somewhere which is similar I kinda don't have a ground to stand on do I? How can I prove it's my own work if she does something like that? That is why i am worried.

.x.Cookie.x.

HSC
Last year i had to write an essay on the Arab/Israeli conflict. At the time there was only two people in the class, and the other girl was a bit stupid. At lunch he walked up to us and gave us back our essays and this other girl said something about plagiarism he then took our essays back and said he was checking them for plagiarism... I knew i had work in there very similar to text books + the internet. But nothing come of it.

Just get a good nights sleep + don't worry about it.
You know its your own work.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
calslut said:
Well if she pulls something from somewhere which is similar I kinda don't have a ground to stand on do I? How can I prove it's my own work if she does something like that? That is why i am worried.
You can't help using similar ideas/phrases in your work- nothing is original. As long as you haven't presented your ideas in the exact same order & manner as another text your teacher can't do anything. Worse comes to worse you can contact BOS and see what they can do.

Zephyrio

HSC
In year eleven, a history teacher really thought that my friend had plagiarised because she produced a "university level essay" for ancient. But he couldn't prove it, so he gave her the full marks (albeit reluctantly).

leoyh

mic`
HSC
it's pretty lame how teachers automatically think that any really high quality level of work is somehow plagerised. whether that be a good student doing really good or a crappy student lifting their standards - they're both accused of plagarism. teachers just don't realise that people might actually work hard or conduct lots of research and hence, produce what htey may not usually produce, and instead of congratulating them for their improved efforts (provided it is their own work) they accuse them of plagarism. pretty stupid

jcurry

HSC
leoyh said:
it's pretty lame how teachers automatically think that any really high quality level of work is somehow plagerised. whether that be a good student doing really good or a crappy student lifting their standards - they're both accused of plagarism. teachers just don't realise that people might actually work hard or conduct lots of research and hence, produce what htey may not usually produce, and instead of congratulating them for their improved efforts (provided it is their own work) they accuse them of plagarism. pretty stupid
agreed
i think that the only time you can be accused of plagiarisng is if they have the evidence when they say it, otherwise its pointless
to the OP dont worry about it, its your own work and i extremely doubt that they will find that you have plagiarised anything

bassistx

HSC
calslut said:
I told you. Search google. If there's nothing, don't crap your pants.

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
I told you. Search google. If there's nothing, don't crap your pants.
true.

jcurry said:
agreed
i think that the only time you can be accused of plagiarisng is if they have the evidence when they say it, otherwise its pointless
to the OP dont worry about it, its your own work and i extremely doubt that they will find that you have plagiarised anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)