So. I got my exams back. What to drop between Biology, Physics and Chem? (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
My School is weird so they did the Prelims in the past two weeks.

Here are marks and assumed rankings (not sure since school doesn't give unless we ask)
English Adv. - ?? - Rank ?? (Eng teacher going to have sessions w/ students for improvements so she doesn't want us to know yet)
Mathematics 2U - 84% - Rank: 3-5
Math Ext1 - ?? - Rank ?? (Getting this tomorrow)
Physics - 47% - Rank 4th
Chem - 63% - Rank 1st
Biology - 66% - Rank 5-7
Business - 93% - Top 5

So I'm going to probably drop one of the three of the sciences.

I have the most interest in BIO, equal interests in Physics & Chem, liking the Theory not so much the mathematics & formulas involved, however I am less interested in Physics due to the teacher being lacklustre and placing questions in the exam which we have never learnt. I'm allowed to drop one of these subjects to make 11 units, picking up Ext2 to make 12. Teacher forced us to leave one subject for Term 1 so just in case we don't like the subject we can drop to still have the minimum units.

I'm conflicted on what to drop, although I have interests in BIO and Business, I'm aware of the scaling differences between the other sciences and BIO, but I'm also aware that scaling isn't everything. Physics seems the most likely choice here but what do you guys think? I'm aiming for a 90-95+, and not sure if I should just try to work harder in Physics or just stick to subjects I like.

If I manage to get my goals, I'll be probably doing a double degree of Engineering/Commerce. Commerce however is probably a definite, so BST I'm planning on keeping. I honestly regret taking all 3 sciences and not Economics, even though I hear that it's bad.

PS: Congratulations to everyone for completing their Prelims!

leehuan

HSC
Physics. Marks being down there is going to minimise any effect scaling has.
________
Woahh good luck with chemistry!

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
fuuuuuark. If Engineering didn't require Physics I would've done it in a heartbeat. Thanks guys, I guess if I want to do Engineering I'll bridge the course :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)