So it's 1am on the due date for Ext 2 (1 Viewer)

jess39

HSC
I'm so glad this wasn't me. All I did last night was fix a few last things in my journal, and I was in bed asleep at 10:30.

I have never not procrastinated before. I'm proud of myself.

Hope you all got it done and aren't too dead right now!

cerys

because i can.
HSC
I finished my reflection statement at 2am in the morning. Re-read and edited in the morning at 7. Had a decent nights sleep considering that the major was due the next day and I had to work non-stop for two days to finish it :/

E

Empyrean444

I had to hand it in on Wednesday. Got absolutely no sleep on Tuesday (finished everything - though I feel that 'finished' is misleading in its finality - at about 7 30am).

absorber

HSC
Got a friend who finished it at 7:15 am this morning; it was due in at 9 am, and he made it; that is, he worked on it basically from the previous afternoon to 7am

Katherwin

HSC
Funny story.

I was all organised, I had it all finished for at least a week. I printed it off on Thursday and gave it to the teacher when she wanted it bound.

On Friday, we spent a while just signing everything and making sure it was all in order.

Then I realised, when my teacher haad made my cover sheet, she had spelt the title wrong so we had to make a new cover sheet and get it rebound. At this time, we had to go and do our Extension 1 trial.

So when it was rebound, I didnt see it, it was just sent off.

So I get home. Hooray! Trials are over, Major Works sent off, ah life is good.

Then at about 8 last night, I picked up my bound copy of the Major Work, opened it up, hang on... Wheres pages 1 and 2? What if they are missing from the copy we sent off, too?

My mum goes into full scale panic. She calls just about everyone at my school (lucky she works there) and we come to the conclusion that its been sent off and no one can clearly remember if the first two pages were in it, I mean, I checked and Im fairly sure it was there, but Im not really willing to leave a whole year of Extension to "pretty sure".

So we are gonna have to see if theres a number we can call about it and we will probably have to send another copy with a stat dec off on Monday morning.

Ahh, I hate life. I was the ONLY one in the class who was organised and finished earlier than Thursday and mine was the only one that stuffed up.

:bomb:

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Funny story.

I was all organised, I had it all finished for at least a week. I printed it off on Thursday and gave it to the teacher when she wanted it bound.

On Friday, we spent a while just signing everything and making sure it was all in order.

Then I realised, when my teacher haad made my cover sheet, she had spelt the title wrong so we had to make a new cover sheet and get it rebound. At this time, we had to go and do our Extension 1 trial.

So when it was rebound, I didnt see it, it was just sent off.

So I get home. Hooray! Trials are over, Major Works sent off, ah life is good.

Then at about 8 last night, I picked up my bound copy of the Major Work, opened it up, hang on... Wheres pages 1 and 2? What if they are missing from the copy we sent off, too?

My mum goes into full scale panic. She calls just about everyone at my school (lucky she works there) and we come to the conclusion that its been sent off and no one can clearly remember if the first two pages were in it, I mean, I checked and Im fairly sure it was there, but Im not really willing to leave a whole year of Extension to "pretty sure".

So we are gonna have to see if theres a number we can call about it and we will probably have to send another copy with a stat dec off on Monday morning.

Ahh, I hate life. I was the ONLY one in the class who was organised and finished earlier than Thursday and mine was the only one that stuffed up.

:bomb:
Shit!
But they can't mark you down if there's some kind of printing error, can they? Like, truly, that isn't your fault.

Good luck!

jawaad

HSC
got half an hour of sleep that night/day.

i have a SEVERE procrastination problem.
at least its over now.
i'd be really happy with an overall mark of 40/50.

anyway, thanks for the push guys.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Hope you guys enjoyed English Extension 2 :D

Pulling an all nighter = sounds like fun

Yaziyo

HSC
You don't know how good this thread makes me feel about my on-time work. Thanks guys :D

Katherwin

HSC
Shit!
But they can't mark you down if there's some kind of printing error, can they? Like, truly, that isn't your fault.

Good luck!
Yeah, thanks. But we are either going to call the Board of Studies and see if they can just check the page number for me or if not, we will just have to re-submit. My teachers seem to think that they will accept that.

But hey, at least I found this out now and not in a months time. :)

xandersnape

HSC
You're all crazies... I had mine handed in and signed off at least two weeks before the due date. I'm so happy this wasn't me. Schadenfreude guys :bomb:

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Oh, I dunno.

I've gotta say, I'm my most productive in the middle of the night surviving on caffeine. My reflection statement was 8 times better thanks to me staying up all night..

LordPc

HSC
you guys missed out. staying up all night doing your EE2 major work is one of the joys of the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)