• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

so something happened today (1 Viewer)

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
my boyfriend and i have been together for 13 months, and only knew my birthday was soon, not the exact date..but i dont care..its funny, cause he only knows his birthday because he has to write his date of birth on stuff....he is so forgetfull...

*ashlea*

HSC
i'd say don't worry to much about it this time, it's easy to forget stuff like dates.. especially if she didnt get to write it down when u initially told her, or if it was really far away at the time..
sure, u might've got offended, because u remember her birthday, but she probably remembers heaps of other stuff about u, which u probably wouldnt know about her..
if she wrote it down this time, and u ask her what it is in about a month, and she still had no idea, then maybe see if she remembers other stuff.. if she does then fine, get offended if u want to, but dont be too offended at this point.. everybody forgets stuff at some point..

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
iambored said:
I disagree with all the posts.
To put it very bluntly -
Your girlfriend is self absorbed. Or just too busy with the hsc for a relationship at the moment. She hasn't offered to pay for anything. She forgot your birthday.

I would be cut too. She could have put reminders up everywhere. Watch this girl.

For some people though, birthday's aren't important but I always try to make a big deal about them to make the person feel special.
i second that. dude it sounds to me that ur her tool. if i went out with someone who spoils me as much as u do to her i'd remember ur b'day for sure. the fact that u see her at least 3 days a week ur in her face for practically half the week. surely thats a reminder. forgetting ur loves b'day is totally dog. i would've counted down the days till their b'day. she should be making more of an effort in this relationship. either this or im just jumping to conclusions. :confused:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
meh whatever, its only a birthday, i would only be pissed off if it was my 18th or something

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I've been going out with my boyfriend for two years

TWO YEARS

he forgot when my birthday was

i withdrew sex.

trust me, just let it slide. or at the very most, keep it in the back of your mind for reference when you try to get over them, or when you're about to lose an argument.

funniboi

HSC
does your girlfriend have any input in the relationship ?

it seems that you're basically doing everything,

does she even remember the day you ask'd her out (if you did - even tho i dont think this day very important myself, but im guessing it's a start), cause remembering something is actually a start, and you've proberly picked a bad time to ask her (whilst studying).

if not, again, reconsider actually keeping this relationship.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
That isn't right.

I think its pretty reasonable to expect a girlfriend of 4 months to remember your birthday.

Was she apologetic or did she obviously just not think it mattered?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)