So those of you who got tutored, do you think it really made a difference? (1 Viewer)

sam64mcd

HSC
Tutoring is good for re-inforcing the concepts. I had a maths tutor for 3U, my piano teacher for Music lessons and my Mum's a Physics teacher so I went to her for everything. If you're motivated enough to study by yourself then you don't really need a tutor. I think it did make a difference, coz I'd have a maths lesson at school then go to my tutor's house and go over it a second time so I fully understand the lesson.

What I recommend that's better than a tutor (and free) is to find a friend that does the same course and is on your level of understanding, even a little smarter so they can teach you. There's that something about a healthy competition and bouncing off each other's ideas that really helps in understanding the course.

Deathless

HSC
well tbh
the difference in intelligence between when you're 16 and 17 or 18 isn't much at all. :p
There's a year 8 guy whyo did 3 unit HSC exam this year... His genius man, he'll like finish HSC in year 9 or 10 considering his finished y12 chem and physics exams too...

No ... giving your English teacher a blow job is buying marks ...
My English teacher is a woman and she's very nice xD

raceryt

HSC
absolutely.
>raised my confidence
>made me get ahead in maths
>made me work otherwise i would be spending my weekends going out
so go get urself a tutor

Twihard

HSC
yeah it kinda does, i think english really helps - i go to pre uni

Rage01

HSC
I think it's a universal thing to feel like you don't learn much at school for 4u so tutor helped alot for that, although it wasted so much time just travelling to and from it.

K

khorne

Tutors are for lazy, un-motivated people, who can't seem to get around that if they do consistent work for 1 fucking year of their lives, they can actually get somewhere. But of course, no one can, so a whole market was developed for lazy slobs (like some of the people in this thread) so they can feel like they have achieved something.

And don't give me the "Oh I don't understand the course" bullshit...How come everyone else does...Just sit down, do some consistent study and you're right.

I'm tough because I love you all.

Jaylee42003

HSC
Tutors are for lazy, un-motivated people, who can't seem to get around that if they do consistent work for 1 fucking year of their lives, they can actually get somewhere. But of course, no one can, so a whole market was developed for lazy slobs (like some of the people in this thread) so they can feel like they have achieved something.

And don't give me the "Oh I don't understand the course" bullshit...How come everyone else does...Just sit down, do some consistent study and you're right.

fuck off no. tutors r 4 people who r willing to put more of their spare time, energy and effort into something that will give them guaranteed results.

i got tutored in science from grades 9-10 and i improved from the bottom 10% to 1st place. i would say it is DEFINITELY worth the time and money, that is - if u r willing to work at it.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
james ruse wankers should know all of 4 unit by the time they start year 9
Mate you really have no fucking clue do you? I'm a wanker (I do it daily) and I got to James Ruse. But no, I didn't know the 4U course in Year 9, and neither did anyone else in my grade. We only actually learnt more about what was in it etc in Year 11 (that's basically kids that went to tutoring).

I LOVE YOU TOO.

HSC
Mate you really have no fucking clue do you? I'm a wanker (I do it daily) and I got to James Ruse. But no, I didn't know the 4U course in Year 9, and neither did anyone else in my grade. We only actually learnt more about what was in it etc in Year 11 (that's basically kids that went to tutoring).
lol dw bout random-1005, he's a-bit grumpy because of his jealousy with people smarter than him XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)