So... What does your time table look like for Semester 1 2006 (1 Viewer)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
no, once you sort out your timetable its that way each week.. unless it says something different in the timetables..

for example, last semester I did a Science couse, but for Weeks 1-7 the lecture was on Monday and Week 8-14 it was on Wednesday...

but if there's something like that, it will say it on the page where you can choose your times..

Gummy_bear

HSC
Awsome, i thought so, but i just wanted to make sure.

Here my timetable then, if i get to do it how i want to that is:

Monday, lecture 11am-12
Tuesday, lecture 12-2pm
Wednesday, tutorial 11am-12
Wednesday, tutorial 1pm-3pm
Wednesday, lecture 4pm-6pm
Thursday, tutorial 12-1pm
Thursday, tutorial 2pm-4pm

and fieldwork on fridays 9am-4pm starting week 3.

I chose the timetable so i could sleep in as long as possible :p and i dont mind about the 6pm lecture as i only live down the road ^^

So..does anyone know what fieldwork will be for an early childhood education course? Im just guessing that it will be going to the day care centre in the campus (ourimbah) which i think has one of those one sided mirrors. lol.

rific

HSC
Haha, yep, there are a few one sided mirrors about at Callaghan too, they can prove quite entertaining...

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
SoCal said:
"required to enrol for 2006 as soon as possible, but no later than 23 January 2006:!
WTF!!! This is not good. I rang the Uni RE the intro food chem course thats not running and i have been told to wait until next week to enrol because they have to fix the site up???!!! Will that be ok still

NB: May or may not have uni paranoia

Gummy_bear

HSC
lourai*87 said:
WTF!!! This is not good. I rang the Uni RE the intro food chem course thats not running and i have been told to wait until next week to enrol because they have to fix the site up???!!! Will that be ok still

NB: May or may not have uni paranoia
Can you ring someone and explain to them the situation? They should give you leverage..

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
once again proving that the uni is screwed up....

Welcome to UNCLE, we will make your life hell for the time that you are here..... :D

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
you just have to make sure you are enrolled in something

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
SoCal said:
Well I finally got around to reenrolling today after getting an email saying that I was "required to enrol for 2006 as soon as possible, but no later than 23 January 2006":p. It took me ages to try and find four subjects that I could do this semester and I ended up having to do some that I really didn't want to do:sleep:. It did feel good getting to tick the yes box for: "On completion of these courses for your Bachelor of Finance program in Semester 2 - 2006 do you expect to graduate?" though:uhhuh:. Anyway, after having a quick look my timetable looks pretty bad at the moment:

Monday:

ECON3060: International Business and Finance Tutorial 15:00 - 16:00
ECON3470: International Business Environment Tutorial 16:00 - 17:00
ECON3470: International Business Environment Lecture 17:00 - 19:00

Wednesday:

ECON3060: International Business and Finance Lecture 13:00 - 15:00

Thursday:

ACFI3130: Investments Tutorial 16:00 - 17:00
ACFI3130: Investments Lecture 17:00 - 19:00

Friday:

ACFI2010: Corporate Accounting Lecture 13:00 - 15:00
ACFI2010: Corporate Accounting Tutorial 16:00 - 17:00

I can't believe my thirteen hours contact time is spread out over four days:angry:!
im doing 2010!!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Oh my goodness its me...again!

They have now fixed up and changed the courses, so im able to enroll. I have done up a sort of time table with every option and will fix up clashes etc later...but i have a few questions (no surprise :p)

1. What should i give priority to..lectures and then what? (i have Labs and tutorials as well)
2. I have a tutoral for Nutr Grp 1 or Nut Grp 2...does it matter which one i choose?
3. The workshop for Pass Grp 1, 2, 3.. doesnt apply to me does it?
4. Relaising that AND means i have to do both and OR means i can choose, i obviously cant do tutorial wed 12-1 AND Wed 12-1 (they are just different rooms), so it doesnt matter which one (common sense really i guess).

Im almost there! Thanks again :eek:

EDIT: one more... I have tutorial AND tutorial (on diff days) but one clashes with a lecture and there is no other time on that day. So does it matter if i only do the one tutorial?

Last edited:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Does this look right..i mean, for first year it seems kinda light on, but then maybe not. Also RE my question with the groups. Say im in group one for one suject, can i be in a different group for a different subject? And also what is PASS?

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, i just have no idea! Thanx

kittycat552

lourai*87 said:
Oh my goodness its me...again!

They have now fixed up and changed the courses, so im able to enroll. I have done up a sort of time table with every option and will fix up clashes etc later...but i have a few questions (no surprise :p)

1. What should i give priority to..lectures and then what? (i have Labs and tutorials as well)
2. I have a tutoral for Nutr Grp 1 or Nut Grp 2...does it matter which one i choose?
3. The workshop for Pass Grp 1, 2, 3.. doesnt apply to me does it?
4. Relaising that AND means i have to do both and OR means i can choose, i obviously cant do tutorial wed 12-1 AND Wed 12-1 (they are just different rooms), so it doesnt matter which one (common sense really i guess).

Im almost there! Thanks again :eek:

EDIT: one more... I have tutorial AND tutorial (on diff days) but one clashes with a lecture and there is no other time on that day. So does it matter if i only do the one tutorial?
Woah, slow down girl you're gonna give yourself a coronary with all this stressing...lol don't worry you sound just like me when i was a first year. It won't take long for this stress to disappear and it will be replaced by a new appreciation for sleeping in and eating kebabs when tutes are on.

1. Not sure how to properly answer this q but i'd say give priority to lectures (although all lectures are up on blackboard)...actually scrap that...probably tutes because they are pretty much compulsory. And as i recall from my hazy memory of first year, u don't have any pass sessions or labs till 2nd sem...so dont freak yet.

2. No it doesn't matter which one you choose...they are both available to N & D students...just as long as one of them doesn't say education students only...and in this case register for the other one for just nutrition people.

3. Workshops for pass aren't applicable till sem 2 so don't worry yet...all will be explained then and it's easily understood. I've just realised, i should mentor first year students lol.

4. Either tute is fine for this one...just means there is two running.

In terms of your last question, i remember this same situation with clashes and they all work out fine with no clashes in the end. Just email the faculty and they will explain all methinks.

Ok, just found more q's from you so to answer these puppies...yep 1st year is pretty light on, i only had about 14 contact hours in 2nd sem what a bludge lol...hard work though and lots of assignments. PASS is something u will do in 2nd sem attached to the hubs1404 course...it's a new thingy they're trialling out in replacement of tutes and it's an interactive way of learning where you are directed through study material by a student in say 3rd year biomed who is shitloads smart and can pass on all their knowledge and study tips...i found it to be extremely helpful and learnt lots.

Hope this has helped...have fun!

chamelia

HSC
Assuming I get the tut times I want:

MONDAY = 7hrs
DESIGN PROCESS: Lecture: 9 – 10am (NURSTH) Weeks 1-14
DESIGN PRINC: Lecture: 10-11am (V07)
DESIGN PRINC: Lab: 11- 1pm (D1-05)
DESIGN PROCESS: Tutorial: 3 -5pm (D2-05) Weeks 1-14
COMMUNIC DRAWING: Lecture: 5 – 6pm (NURSTH)

TUESDAY = 4hrs
DESIGN PRINC: Studio: 10-12pm (D2-36)
COMMUNIC DRAWING: Studio: 2- 4pm (D3-01 (E))

THURSDAY = 6hrs
COMMUNIC PRINCIP: Lecture: 9-10am (NURSTH)
COMMUNIC PRINCIP: Studio: 10-12pm (D3-01 (E))
PHOTO IMAGING: Studio: 2-5pm (VAMS) Weeks 1-10

FRIDAY = 5hrs
COMMUCIN DRAWING: Studio: 9-11am (D3-01 (E))
PHOTO IMAGING: Studio: 1- 4pm (VAMS) Weeks 1-10

= 22 contact hours a week

Is it just me or is my monday horrible? No matter what I choose I still haev to be there from 9-6...Gah.

And a quick question, I've got a heap of classes where one starts where another has ended...so the lecturers make allowances for you to walk to the next bulidng or whatever right?...They'd have to?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hahah score or what...

Mon- 3 hrs (1 1hr lec, 1 2hr lab)
Tues- 2 hrs (1 lab)
Wed- 4 hrs (1 2hr tute, 1 2hr lec)
Thur- off
Fri- off

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Sorry to double post...to the chick above me...

Yup, your Monday sucks butt. But I've had similar before. You cope.

And you'll find that generally, lectures finish 5 minutes early and start 5 minutes late (ie, they're only 50 minutes, not an hour)...so like, you might finish your Thursday lecture at 9.55 in the Nursing Theatre, then have 10 minutes to get to design to start at 10.05.

EDIT: ok, to save a triple post, Tiney, they're doing PASS for 1403 now too, so she does have to worry about it in first sem. Not that it is anything to worry about though.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
tuesday: ACFI2030 tute 5-7, LEGL2002 tute 7-8
wednesday: LEGL2002 lect 5-7, ACFI2010 tute 7-9
thursday: ACFI2030 tute 5-7
friday: ACFI2010 lect 1-3

all after working 8:30 to 5 mon to fri :(

this semester will suck balls

em_516

bludging..
HSC
tuesday 2hrs
wednesday 1hr
thursday 3hrs + 1hr break
friday 6hrs straight

yeh..my timetable's gay

kittycat552

hipsta_jess said:
Sorry to double post...to the chick above me...

Yup, your Monday sucks butt. But I've had similar before. You cope.

And you'll find that generally, lectures finish 5 minutes early and start 5 minutes late (ie, they're only 50 minutes, not an hour)...so like, you might finish your Thursday lecture at 9.55 in the Nursing Theatre, then have 10 minutes to get to design to start at 10.05.

EDIT: ok, to save a triple post, Tiney, they're doing PASS for 1403 now too, so she does have to worry about it in first sem. Not that it is anything to worry about though.
Hahah suckers. Thanks for clearing that up for me though. And boy did you score with your timetable jess. Meh i got 23 contact hours a week and you have like 9 or 10. What the?

lusername

HSC
tues 9-6
wed 9-9
thurs 10-7
2 hrs break each day.....anyone gues what friday is being reserved for now?

hornbag_tom

in a mundane reality where losers constantly piss
HSC
hi everyone i just had two questions to ask -

1. In Psychology courses, does Lab translate to a tutorial?
2. If i have two lectures for the one course, and one is on wednesday and the other on thursday, and this conflicts with another course with no other available options, am i able to just go to the one lecture? or must i go to both?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If the 2 lectures question is for psych, you need to go to both. The Thursday one is not a repeat of the Wednesday one (I would have thought this was clear by Wednesday being two hours and Thursday being one..)

As for the labs, yes, it is a tutorial, they use the term interchangeably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)