So who didn't title their story (1 Viewer)

Cloesd

HSC
as jackc92 said "Titles not worth shit"

The only time a title is needed is in a feature article, so the title being worth one mark in creative? thats a load of crap
Well consider if your imaginative piece was a short story. A story has to have a title, all professional ones do, just as all professional feature articles do.

I don't see why you'd conclude one needs one, and another doesn't.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Hey, everyone. Just letting you know that I'm going to Book City to get "________" by 20431619, seeing as titles are apparently, not necessary.

pman

Banned
HSC
Actually, many short stories are untitled! often just called "a fragment" or "short story" or just have an authors title

samthebear

HSC
Well, were not getting these papers back, i suppose we'll never know.

Who felt a little offended when they had to sign that sheet of paper giving permission for Board of studies to destroy their paper?
lol. i didnt read it. i figured the 10 mins was best spent reading the actual exam paper haha

jassono

HSC
My whole extension class was told to title a creative/ short story cos its a short story convention

Nª!j∂♫

HSC
yeahhh, never titled a creative in my life, and i've always done really well..
though i agree with the possibility of it all being a conspiracy..
knowing my teacher, it's a definite possibility :p

annnnnnd burning our papers?
i don't remember signing anything like that..
hmm. what did it look like?

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
"Titles not worth shit"

The only time a title is needed is in a feature article, so the title being worth one mark in creative? thats a load of crap
This. Noone has ever lost marks for not putting a title on. My Cousin is a HSC marker and i just Txted him.

tlelover91

HSC
whoops :D :dog:<==== he was my main character in my story haha

oh well life goes on, i didn't put a title for my story nor did I eat enough breakfast before going to the exam and felt famished half way through the exam...

but what can i do about it now haha

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
The contrast is really quite amusing. Those who did not title their stories are so certain that they will not lose marks or that no marks will be gained. Those who did title their story trying to convince themselves titling their story will get them a mark.

I titled my story just because I felt it was appropriate. I didn't expect to gain a mark in doing so, I particularly find it hard to believe you would lose a mark for not titling your story.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I remembered when the supervisor said 'CEASE WRITING' (I always thought they were supposed to say 'pens down'... anyway) and quickly came up with some random title. I think it was 'Motherland'

lychnobity

HSC
I titled mine "A Story Untitled" ok?

It probably won't count.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
hahaha people dont get marks for titling their stories

ashllis92

HSC
well i didn't title mine and it doesn't matter i dont think, btw since we're sharing main characters, mine was a chandelier

Cloesd

HSC
yeahhh, never titled a creative in my life, and i've always done really well..
though i agree with the possibility of it all being a conspiracy..
knowing my teacher, it's a definite possibility :p

annnnnnd burning our papers?
i don't remember signing anything like that..
hmm. what did it look like?
It didn't say burning, it was a small blue paper you had to sign. On it were a few points to the tune of:

The HSC paper and your answers to it are property of the Board of studies.

-The board of studies reserves the right to refuse any request made to see the original copy of the paper.

-The board of studies reserves the right to destroy the paper.

Cloesd

HSC
well i didn't title mine and it doesn't matter i dont think, btw since we're sharing main characters, mine was a chandelier
My short story was about some guy who's girlfriend died of cancer in the year 2014 or something. So he goes to a "real film noir type cyber-punk meets steam-punk, megaton from Fallout3" style city and joins some depression cult, that talks about their problems.

niloony

HSC
From talking to teachers who have marked HSC english in the past they say a title in a short story situation is not needed.

ratcher0071

HSC
My short story was about some guy who's girlfriend died of cancer in the year 2014 or something. So he goes to a "real film noir type cyber-punk meets steam-punk, megaton from Fallout3" style city and joins some depression cult, that talks about their problems.
woah.

It didn't say burning, it was a small blue paper you had to sign. On it were a few points to the tune of:

The HSC paper and your answers to it are property of the Board of studies.

-The board of studies reserves the right to refuse any request made to see the original copy of the paper.

-The board of studies reserves the right to destroy the paper.
damn them :mad:

megan22

HSC
You shouldn't have to title it unless that text type specifically needs it, eg. a headline for a feature article.

HSC
My teacher who has marked HSC creative stories for 15 years said he ignores titles. No title or title of whatever - it doesn't factor into anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)