So who else has lost all their hsc work? (1 Viewer)

emiliehearts

HSC
So it turns out that out of no where, my usb thumb drive doesnt work at all. Mum took it to computer guy to fix it but he couldnt retrieve any of my hsc work. I know i should have backed all the stuff up but its too late now obviously. I just feel gutted and that nothing can help me. I asked everyone the other day if they had studied yet and they said no. It made me feel so good that i had actually tried hard to get so much study done. Now im just back to the start like them..

Tell me of your stories of crap like this.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
thank god i am not you.....just kidding:p

what do you hav in there that is so important? assessment? syllabus notes...?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
You know the time old excuse, 'my printer doesnt have any ink?'
well, my sister printed off myspace fotos of her friends the night before my history x project was due.

SO
at face value, I was fucked
thankfully, my neighbour printed it for me.
=D

hahahayley

HSC
ahhh man, ALL of my summaries got wiped over the weekend and i didnt have them backed up anywhere except the orignal handwritten copies. so now i'm stuck typing them up all over again. at least i'm getting to revise i guess.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: So who else has lost all their hsc work?

Hurrah for my notes being on my ipod, laptop and desktop.

might upload it on a server too!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
You know the time old excuse, 'my printer doesnt have any ink?'
well, my sister printed off myspace fotos of her friends the night before my history x project was due.

SO
at face value, I was fucked
thankfully, my neighbour printed it for me.
=D
my printer hasn't worked properly for like, a year. that's what the library is for. :/

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Jachie said:
my printer hasn't worked properly for like, a year. that's what the library is for. :/
I know its not an excuse. But like, I bought a special ink cartridge (more than a fucking printer, mind you), just so nothing could go wrong!
and the bitch prints off photos of her self and her friends with MY ink.

i was annoyed.

and I'm like 40 minutes from a library that closes at 5pm and opens at 9am, same time assignments due. Not very handy. =[[
And it smells there. Like old lady sweat and talcum powder.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
well that sucks =(

at least we learn a very valuable lesson: back up everything guys!!

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Resource page is the next option

otherwise suicide ---> epic fail

emiliehearts

HSC
it had all my past assessments and my syllabus notes that i have spent hours typing up. I just have to start again, all revision i guess. At least there are some other people in my situation. For me its a real heartbreaker.

runnable

HSC
I backup all my digital work about once every week onto an external hard drive. I hope that they won't stop working at the same time.

sherylbobbins

HSC
Ouch... I feel your pain there. I lost all of my voice recorded notes and all my work for english when my laptop died. I had only had it for 4 months. Note to self: buy an external hard drive.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Um, it's weird that you say you're back to the beginning, having nothing. Is it a bit exaggerating for drama effect? I mean there must be obviously something they you've learnt over the year! Girl, forget about the notes and memorize everything at the beginning. It's always been said that only take notes once you understand stuff.

Anyway, which subs are you doing? I basically don't have 'notes', just a few summaries. OK, at the back of the HSC books published by EDASSIST, there are study cards that basically include everything you need for HSC. They have good examples as well. Just go to the library, photocopy them and you have a comprehensive set of notes. Do some past papers and Cheer up!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Around April i lost everything i'd done on my PIP, all my quantatative research (about 60 documents) all my primary research, survey analysis and about 2000 words of written material, thank god id given my teacher hard copies of the more important things.

P042

HSC
...NEVER TRUST YOUR USB! around the half yearlys i spent ages before the holidays finishing my english essay cuz i had to go overseas ... i arrived home the day before my exam to find my usb had corrupted and there.. gone in a matter of seconds..i learnt my lesson, ain't honestly as bad as your situation but i still felt like crap... now i save my work in like 3 computers and print out copies aswell as on a usb... call me paranoid but better safe then sry...anyway i feel for ya i hope something works out for you and there is someone up there nice enough to give their notes so cheer up! =)

HSC
Confucious* say "He/she who don't back up hsc work, is very very silly and bad karma will fuck him/her in the arse"

*used as a nickname

Just.Snaz

HSC
I never use USBs, and its only my recent notes that are only on the computer.

With all my reports and assignments that I put my sweat and blood into, I send it to myself on hotmail so i can download it off my email anytime i need it (whether it be school or home). And most of my notes are already printed out.. except maybe my recent chemistry and biology... *hmm*

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
My story is nothing compared to yours, but I still feel the need to share.
Just then, 12 days out from trials, I'm innocently working on last minute chem notes which were intended to be complete by the end of the week.
I go upstairs to make some toast for dinner and get a V to wake me up.
I come back and the computer is shitting on about not being able to save it and then just craps itself and bang.
All chemistry study notes are gone.
That I have worked my bum off to type and cross reference and all that shit.

So I'm having a slight meltdown, as I said, 12 days from trials. I felt like if they were done by the end of the week I still didn't have anywhere near enough time to study.
FUCK YOU USB.
The awfully ironic thing is that this afternoon I promised myself I would back all my work up once I'd finished the nights' studying.

Bit too late, eh.

ARGH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)