So who else has lost all their hsc work? (1 Viewer)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I used to, but found that it was more effective if I made my own.

charlesdinio

HSC
haha some HARSHHH stories.

I have my assessments on 3 USB's and a laptop.

Other than that I hate computers - hand written all the way

mandathepanda

HSC
Yeah I have a similiar story- in late March just after my half yearlies my USB stick corrupted itself too...lost
  • a good part of my Modern History notes (luckily I 'd printed out ww1 and backed up the first 2 dotpoints of Russia...but losing what I did meant my April holidays weren't very fun) .
  • My SOR 1 and Legal notes for the first two topics and my English AOS essay and related material information (again luckily these were printed out for half yearlies)
  • French speaking notes (am still sufferring the consequences of this...spent about an hour and a half two weeks ago trying to locate the printed copies of these..fortunately I found them!).
It's painful...especially when you remember 1 month later that something else signficant was also on that USB stick to add to the stress!
Needless to say I now back up on my laptop and an external hard drive!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
You should all buy MacBooks and an external drive.

Time Machine in OS X makes backups easy. Just click 'on' and it does the rest :)

HSC
mr_brightside said:
You should all buy MacBooks and an external drive.

Time Machine in OS X makes backups easy. Just click 'on' and it does the rest :)
while a macbook wd be great iv been more than happy with my lenovo something model.

just thought id say i really feel for you guys that get hit. i was so very nearly in the same boat-

my comp crashed one night when i was writing a marketing plan up for business studies... so im like okay reboot and this system recovery screen comes up. im pretty happy with this software doing this for me and im like all sweet. then JUST as im about to click on continue i read that continuing will format the hard drive! so im like holy shit! and whipped the battery out, taking my chances with words document recovery which had luckily saved about 2/3 of my assessment

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Yeah, thats happened to me a few times, random crashes, but it usually recovers a good chunk of whatever I was doing.
Which was the annoying thing about tonight. It was like, error saving or something.
And I was like, thats not too bad, because before that I'd saved it about 2 minutes ago, and figured I wouldn't lose much.
So I just clicked okay.
And suddenly the entire document was just completely gone.
Nowhere.
Grrrrrrrr.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: So who else has lost all their hsc work?

Doesn't Microsoft Word 2003 version have an Auto-Save feature?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Sorry to hear about your USB craptardness.

I know I'm not really relevant to this thread, because I finished my HSC in 06. However I'm in Uni and we have the same issues with USB drives. So another quick and easy way of backing up, is to Email your work to yourself (and heck if your friends have Gmail, them too)... it works like a charm and has gotten me out of plenty of sticky situations.... can't use school firewalls as an excuse because you should all have student accounts (I know, I'm a teacher-to-be).

Peace and Mungbeans
x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)