So who got into the Young Writers Showcase? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Fairly certain they topped both this year...
Advanced; they essentially learn everything together and I heard of a lot of the people doing the same related texts :\. Then again, I used pre-written essay that I adapted to the question, like most Ruse kids.

saba_saba

HSC
i got. shortlisted.
wow. this is probably one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me.
i mean, even if i don't get in.. it means.. that someone thinks my work is good enough to be published o_o!
oh, just wow.
WOOOOT! Yay! Congraaaaaaats! So, what's it called (so I can keep an eye out)? =D

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually regret not taking Extension Englishes, not only for the fact that I honestly think I could have composed an amazing piece worthwhile of publication in this years' series, but because I believe it would have been much more fascinating that taking the Extension Mathematics courses.

+ I'm so pro at numerous literary styles. (that's just being cocky)

NewiJapper

HSC
Aquawhite said:
I actually regret not taking Extension Englishes, not only for the fact that I honestly think I could have composed an amazing piece worthwhile of publication in this years' series...
I completely agree. Throughout the year I had so many lightbulb moments that could of been moulded into a great ext 2 work. My favourite idea was doing poetry with Shakespeare's idea of the seven stages of man. The child, the lover etc.

Could I pick ext 2 up at TAFE for the fun of it? haha

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
thanks shadowdude and saba!
mine is called 'Tears on Palmyrah Leaves" (yes, i know, sappy name xD). it's also in the bos thread which unfortunately is down =(
i guess i'll just have to wait until next year to read your's saba, the title sounds fascinating (i'm sure you'll get in with a 50/50 =D)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I am going to purchase the copy of this year's publication that comes out. I want to see the works of my state-wide cohort.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
WOW NUTCRACKER!! Congratulations for being nominated, that's so fantastic!!!!!!! Let us know if you get chosen.

Also Aqua I agree, I think I'll purchase the Showcase this year too.
AND Y'ALL SHOULD GO SEE ARTEXPRESS AT NSW GALLERY. 'Cause I'll be in it mmkay.

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
thanks shadowdude and saba!
Mine is called 'tears on palmyrah leaves" (yes, i know, sappy name xd). It's also in the bos thread which unfortunately is down =(
i guess i'll just have to wait until next year to read your's saba, the title sounds fascinating (i'm sure you'll get in with a 50/50 =d)
OMG PUN i hate you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)