So who made it to BSc (Advanced)? (1 Viewer)

ssglain

HSC
markzada said:
I'm doin med science but I'm doing pretty close to your units:
MATH1901, 1902
CHEM1903 SSP
BIOL1003 (not advanced)
PHYS1901
Are you thinking about doing maths SSP? I read about the extra topics for last year's SSP and they seem very interesting. People are saying the extra assignments are a kill though so I wonder if I should drop down from INFO1903 to INFO1001 just to buy myself some time. :hammer:

Addictd2

HSC
i just saw someone who was confused bout what subjects to pick, check the science handbook online. Find the major you are interested in and then work backwards from 3rd year subs finding the prerequisites. its not too bad if you organise what you wanna do.

and also you need a minimum of i think 12cp of advanced units in 2nd year. thats also in the handbook. i was too lazy to do advanced units so i just changed to the normal stream hehe, also so i can learn mandarin :p

btw after 1st sem like 25-50% of the advanced math students drop out to do the normal stream math coz it was insanely hard, or so they claim, they could just be a tad lazy

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
^

Tad lazy.
IMO, 1st year is easiest of all years in university. As long as you try hard, and do your HW, you will get a decent mark.

spartan31234

HSC
is this degree recognised internationally?, what are the career prospects iam not sure if i should go into engineering or science, i suppose it depends on what u majour in

Marinatos

HSC
I'm planning to do:
BIOL1911 - Concepts in Biology (Advanced)
BIOL1903 - Human Biology (Advanced)
CHEM1901 - Chemistry 1A (Advanced)
MATH1901 - Differential Calculus (Advanced)
MATH1902 - Linear Algebra (Advanced)
in first semester
and:
BIOL1902 - Living Systems (Advanced)
MBLG1901 - Molecular Biology and Genetics (Adv)
CHEM1902 Chemistry 1B (Advanced)
MATH1903 Integral Calculus and Modelling Advanced
MATH1905 Statistics (Advanced)
in second semester.

I'm not sure about the adviseability of doing so many advanced units, but I qualified for them and I don't want to be bored. I'm also still tossing up between Human biology or a course from the Arts faculty, just for variety xp

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Don't worry about too many advanced subjects. I have done more, and it's not a big issue provided there are no clashes and you're willing to work.

(This is assuming you have the marks to do those subjects)

trickae

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys - is it possible to enrol online for courses - or do new students actually have to go in person to get their enrolment done?

My sister got in but she's travelling the world right now - and i'm working on tuesday, it'd be pain to walk in and be her proxy.

Any advice?

I went to UNSW and every thing can be done online - why isn't the same provided in usyd? its 2009 dammit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)